A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Any truth to this?

they got it from this deadline article

Avatar was originally released in China in early 2010 and grossed nearly $203M at the time — a massive number before the market began to grow exponentially. Its full China total (after a previous special edition release) is just over $204M. Currently, the reissue, which will go out on most of the IMAX network and in 3D (formats that are embraced in China) is leading pre-sales for the FSS weekend with more than $5.5M.

6 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I hope Avengers-fans & MCU-fans doesn’t get too heartbroken or upset if Avatar takes back the crown as the highest grossing film worldwide.

Yeah if I was normal layman box office fan that would have been disappointing.

But since I am bit better than that, and know that Avengers: Endgame has grossed way more than Avatar and its external factors that will have Avatar at top, I can make peace with that.

The real battle will be with Avatar 2, which will be having exchange rate similar to Endgame to keep things normal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

They should rerelease Endgame a few weeks before BW. You know, for the marketing synergy ;) 

I think they always pretty much always did some marathon event on new MCU release in some city ?

Maybe not with covid this time.

26 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

They should rerelease Endgame a few weeks before BW. You know, for the marketing synergy ;) 

With China re-release, Endgame would have surely take the record back but the release in China isn't upto studios. Its govt dept. that decide what releases and not, so as we return to normalcy there may not be a "re-release".

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

With China re-release, Endgame would have surely take the record back but the release in China isn't upto studios. Its govt dept. that decide what releases and not, so as we return to normalcy there may not be a "re-release".

Wasn’t endgame previously allowed to be re-released ? 

The major reason Avatar got the sudden re-release is Nomadland’s release plan was cancelled and left a quota for Disney. This almost happened last year when Mulan might be called back.

So a re-release thing for Avengers: Endgame in near future is unlikely. 

Unless Disney have to call back a upcoming title like Shang-Chi or Eternals.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am thinking final pre-sales around 7.5M and OD of 16-18M probably and weekend of 49-55M. So record will be done by Sunday.

Full run probably 100-120M ($15-19M), so gonna put it at $2805-2809M range, leaving it $5-10M ahead of Endgame.

hi Charlie

• ...wtf 2