A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

36 minutes ago, baumer said:

So is 70 mill for GvK a good opening in China?  Seems good to me but not monstrous.

Presales indicated 100 mill. So after friday there was a little meltdown. But 70 mill is pretty good i guess

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Presales indicated 100 mill. So after friday there was a little meltdown. But 70 mill is pretty good i guess

Final PS only indicated 75M or so. It was a few days before that where it looked like it could target 90+

I mean those who look at just $70,000,000, they will take it as big number, since it is beating KoTM thanks to exchange rates. 

Just 12.8M admits. Those are KoTM numbers, 10% less than Kong Skull in competitive market. :gold:

There isn't any market where GvK has done less than KoTM unless its badly hit by COVID, and China 😕 Australia and India crossed KoTM full run in just 5 days, and that's with India half of what it would have done normally,

But HBO Max release may have impacted it by some degree.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 3:36 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

You sorta misunderstood what he was trying to say. Normally I would have watch GvK, but since I know its coming free in next 5 days, I am not going to bother to go to theater. If Hollywood decide to reduce window to say even one week, I am not watching many films which I might have had otherwise. There are millions like me.

I am interested in those movies, but not interested in going to theater and pay for them when I will be getting them free on my comfort.

That exactly what I thought that person meant.

While suspecting maybe they work as a critic or other jobs that could force them to watch them and follow them even if they do not care (but that would make speaking about them for free on a message board still strange)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Nice to see you’re still around.

I've been away for a long time.....i might start getting back from time to time.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I mean those who look at just $70,000,000, they will take it as big number, since it is beating KoTM thanks to exchange rates. 

Just 12.8M admits. Those are KoTM numbers, 10% less than Kong Skull in competitive market. :gold:

There isn't any market where GvK has done less than KoTM unless its badly hit by COVID, and China 😕 Australia and India crossed KoTM full run in just 5 days, and that's with India half of what it would have done normally,

But HBO Max release may have impacted it by some degree.

Yea, but doesn't the pandemic still have an effect on everythihg, even in a market like China where it seems to be mostly back to normal.?

8 hours ago, baumer said:

Yea, but doesn't the pandemic still have an effect on everythihg, even in a market like China where it seems to be mostly back to normal.?

Not really Baumer. You just had 2 local movies who did 600mill$ combined on OW. So it must be something else. Could be the HBO thing and just maybe some type of hollywood movies are starting to struggle a bit in China

<iframe width="600" height="371" seamless frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSIwb5hOcFnrNmA5oE7zJvcTVJH0WI2aprmz75eFafvMVlvP_WWsUosO_V6Awzkooc1vi6eoAHnRdAr/pubchart?oid=1521629709&amp;format=interactive"></iframe>

Coincidentally all three films had holiday boost in 2nd weekend. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

36M at 20:00. Might as well go for 45-50 considering how last two days had Maoyan correcting later on. Taopiaopiao is at 38M.

If HBO Max release don't impact it much, can go for 1.1B IMO.

Maoyan died around 9,30 as expected. Could crawl to 43,5 maybe