A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

15 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i know that its not a certain thing (talking about shang chi) but from the moment that this happend

probably means that it will get released in china right ? if there is a chinese poster ?

No this is a Taiwan poster not for China

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

i know that its not a certain thing (talking about shang chi) but from the moment that this happend

probably means that it will get released in china right ? if there is a chinese poster ?

Taiwan / HK poster not China poster..

On 8/26/2021 at 12:14 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like 7-8M final Ps for OD. Yeah 35-40M OD is possible.

125-155M ($19-24M) weekend.

Seems like a 34m yuan OD based on Maoyan; slightly lower than expected.

Depending on the increase tomorrow - I foresee a 350 - 400m yuan total.

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Seems like a 34m yuan OD based on Maoyan; slightly lower than expected.

Depending on the increase tomorrow - I foresee a 350 - 400m yuan total.

Should rise to 36M inc midnight. In range of my expectations though. PS for tomorrow probably 9M, should hit 57-62M I suppose. 145-150M weekend.

Full run agree with your range.

23 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Should rise to 36M inc midnight. In range of my expectations though. PS for tomorrow probably 9M, should hit 57-62M I suppose. 145-150M weekend.

Full run agree with your range.

Looks like a 57-58m day 2; good increase but still I feel at the lower end of expectations (was hoping at least 60). If WoM pulls through, we may see a flat or small dip in Sunday, seen a lot of flattish Sunday for local films this year. 

Weekdays will be interesting as summer holidays will be over.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Looks like a 57-58m day 2; good increase but still I feel at the lower end of expectations (was hoping at least 60). If WoM pulls through, we may see a flat or small dip in Sunday, seen a lot of flattish Sunday for local films this year. 

Weekdays will be interesting as summer holidays will be over.

I am thinking 5x whatever we see on Sunday after weekend. 

I don't understand the endgame of new film board. They wanted $9B as @Gavin Feng mentioned but are now lagging behind the target but are still fucking films. Like a MCU film is to release next week worldwide and they don't even have a date for it and releasing some film who probably no one care since its out online for months? and wasn't theatrical release anywhere else in world. WTF is wrong with them.

Yes Disney was dumb with shunning them for BW but they lost a film which could have done $100M for them in an otherwise dead July-August they had at box office.

Also frankly its shame Chinese film industry is so incompetent that they can't make run a market of potentially $10-15B for 12 months. Of the entire box office for Chinese industry nearly all of it come from 60 days of CNY, Summer blackout and Golden week in October. Compare that with USA and India, yes there are big months and down months but not like complete dead period for 70% of year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't understand the endgame of new film board. They wanted $9B as @Gavin Feng mentioned but are now lagging behind the target but are still fucking films. Like a MCU film is to release next week worldwide and they don't even have a date for it and releasing some film who probably no one care since its out online for months? and wasn't theatrical release anywhere else in world. WTF is wrong with them.

Yes Disney was dumb with shunning them for BW but they lost a film which could have done $100M for them in an otherwise dead July-August they had at box office.

Also frankly its shame Chinese film industry is so incompetent that they can't make run a market of potentially $10-15B for 12 months. Of the entire box office for Chinese industry nearly all of it come from 60 days of CNY, Summer blackout and Golden week in October. Compare that with USA and India, yes there are big months and down months but not like complete dead period for 70% of year.

i agree with you... still is it  unusual for films to come later in china ? free guy released there 2 weeks after its us release ..i would imagine shang chi will do the same .... and maybe the rest movies too ?

Edited by john2000

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am thinking 5x whatever we see on Sunday after weekend. 

Agree with you bro; especially if it hits 45m tmr.

Issue now is - The Tomorrow War has just been announced to open next Friday. Lol 😂 

• ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i agree with you... still is it  unusual for films to come later in china ? free guy released there 2 weeks after its us release ..i would imagine shang chi will do the same .... and maybe the rest movies too ?

Actually historically day-and-date release in China were rare; China was like Japan - movies were not dated on the same day as the global release.

But in the past 5 years or so, this (day-and-date) has become much more common other than protection periods.@Gavin Fengyou can confirm if I am wrong.

Now people are spoiled, lost patience and some are upset even for a 2 - 3 week delay. Lol. but just a few years back; delayed release in China is common thing.

• Like 1