A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Pretty clear Bejing is cracking down on the number of Western Films allowed a threatrical release in CHina. Fits in with a much more agressive attitude toward the world in general.

A new Cold war is inevitable. Going to be a bumby ride.

Don't know of any moral except "Authoratarain Dictatorships Suck".

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Pretty clear Bejing is cracking down on the number of Western Films allowed a threatrical release in CHina. Fits in with a much more agressive attitude toward the world in general.

A new Cold war is inevitable. Going to be a bumby ride.

Don't know of any moral except "Authoratarain Dictatorships Suck".

Will they reduce the amount of films released from now on? 

@Gavin Feng a film not released in China must boost numbers in Hong Kong. Not due to politics thing, but the fact that Shenzhen people may go to Hong Kong to watch it, unless its not easy to travel to-fro between two cities.

In Shenzhen Far From Home had 1.3M admits, while Captain Marvel around 990K. May be say 100K folks decide to travel.

Someone needs to tell Simu Liu to keep quiet if he wants the movie to be shown in China.

He has no EQ or what.

The interview is going viral in China.. i know it may not be recent but he has to be careful with his words. If anyone has any doubts about China, go down to China today and see how much she has advanced. I am from Singapore and when I visited Shang Chi in 2016... I was freaking amazed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Someone needs to tell Simu Liu to keep quiet if he wants the movie to be shown in China.

He has no EQ or what.

The interview is going viral in China.. i know it may not be recent but he has to be careful with his words. If anyone has any doubts about China, go down to China today and see how much she has advanced. I am from Singapore and when I visited Shang Chi in 2016... I was freaking amazed.

I mean....i dont know when was this interview but people should be smart enough to understand that he isnt talking about recent china...i swear people in general get offended way too easily if thats the main reason that shang chi doesnt release in china then so be it enough is enough.....Are people really cant understand his comments ? Thats internet for you though

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

I mean....i dont know when was this interview but people should be smart enough to understand that he isnt talking about recent china...i swear people in general get offended way too easily if thats the main reason that shang chi doesnt release in china then so be it enough is enough.....Are people really cant understand his comments ? Thats internet for you though

Chloe Zhao said something similar.

There is nothing to defend here IMO; Simu Liu can praise Canada without bashing another country - can always say better prospect in Canada, change of environment etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Chloe Zhao said something similar.

There is nothing to defend here IMO; Simu Liu can praise Canada without bashing another country - can always say better prospect in Canada, change of environment etc. 

Lol there is no country in the world that doesnt have bad things ...same goes for china.Still from what i understood of course and correct me if am wrong,he seems to basically describe what was the situation back then ....NOT NOW ,there is a big difference,if people cant tell the difference....then...

Edited by john2000

Well sad if it does not get a release date for it but freedom of speech is a thing, he told a real experience not directly insulted China.... I hope the domestic total overperforms so the movie should not even need China to inflate the total, the doing whatever they can to not insult China is so annoying in the current movie experience.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1