A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its goose was cooked a while back. I doubt any of the Disney MCU movies releasing this year. Zero % chance of them approving Zhoe's movie. Next up is Dr Strange. 

we will see...in terms of shang chi i would imagine that we will learn what will happen for sure by the end of september

Just now, exomassey said:

Honestly think Marvel will be pissed if 3 MCU films don’t get a release in China.

Feige didn’t do that interview for nothing lol.

shang and eternals were always uncertain...and still are (hopefully though they get released there) , as for bw if what @Gavin Feng holds true then in that case disney was the one who shit the bed

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

shang and eternals were always uncertain...and still are (hopefully though they get released there) , as for bw if what @Gavin Feng holds true then in that case disney was the one who shit the bed

Yeah the Black Widow issues make sense.

Marvel makes their movies for a global audience. Aside from Deadpool, they won’t do something like Joker and other movies like that will get banned in some countries.

I just think from a business perspective, these big budget commercial movies not getting a Chinese release to help boost that box office will annoy Marvel.

• Like 1

Actually, Disney and co (including Simu himself) already "took care" of it over the past 2 days, furthermore, a Weibo user kinda took the bullet and claimed that he/she mistranslated Simu's words, it was all his/her fault, etc, so this case isn't a big problem in the mainland anymore.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/573QIej

lB5khOL.jpeg
C3sG9uF.jpeg

There are also a lot of C-netizens in the mainland supporting Simu now

https://imgur.com/a/fecRb7E

However, the Western media is exploiting the situation as usual with their false headline ...again, which isn't a big surprise at all.

To be honest,  I don't really care what would happen to the future of Eternals, Spiderman NWW, or even Dr. Strange 2 in the mainland, but Shang Chi really deserves to get an official release date in mainland China, it's a really rare film that Hollywood actually cared and respected Chinese and Asian culture as a whole. It's so unfair to see it suffers the same fate as other Hollywood cash grab flicks.   

Edited by Arian1010
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Cultural revolution 2.0 is underway in China.

From cracking down the tech giant, to tuition sector, online gaming, entertainment. I won't be surprised if one day they will force marriage all the "left lady and man" 

This is mainly people driven though.

18 minutes ago, Arian1010 said:

Actually, Disney and co (including Simu himself) already "took care" of it over the past 2 days, furthermore, a Weibo user kinda took the bullet and claimed that he/she mistranslated Simu's words, it was all his/her fault, etc, so this case isn't a big problem in the mainland anymore.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/573QIej

lB5khOL.jpeg
C3sG9uF.jpeg

There are also a lot of C-netizens in the mainland supporting Simu now

https://imgur.com/a/fecRb7E

However, the Western media is exploiting the situation as usual with their false headline ...again, which isn't a big surprise at all.

To be honest,  I don't really care what would happen to the future of Eternals, Spiderman NWW, or even Dr. Strange 2 in the mainland, but Shang Chi really deserves to get an official release date in mainland China, it's a really rare film that Hollywood actually cared and respected Chinese and Asian culture as a whole. It's so unfair to see it suffers the same fate as other Hollywood cash grab flicks.   

what the post says ?

i am probably reading WAY TOO MUCH into this but on douban while it doesnt say an exact date  , it still says sept 2021 mainland china....while if someone were to go to black widow and check  you can see that its say 2021 on the release date....probably doesnt mean much but still find it intresting

It seems too late now for it to make an opening on Sep 17th.

I would say 23th Sep is probably a good date but if it doesn’t make that, then I don’t know. Venom and No Time to Die are coming. A lot of big Chinese films too.

It really only has 45 days until piracy

Just now, exomassey said:

It seems too late now for it to make an opening on Sep 17th.

I would say 23th Sep is probably a good date but if it doesn’t make that, then I don’t know. Venom and No Time to Die are coming. A lot of big Chinese films too.

It really only has 45 days until piracy

agreed though it wouldnt be the first time that the announcement is late if i remember correctly  the release date for a quite place 2 in china was announced 3 days before the premiere

• Like 2