A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Why would a reason need to be provided specifically for this film?

Black Widow, Jungle Cruise, Snake Eyes, Space Jam has all not been released. Do we need reasons for each of them? 😅

Like I mean is it being banned because of Shang Chi or Simu Liu.

Even any film that Shang Chi or Simu Liu are in, will it be banned in China because of that? Or are the issues specifically with what happens in the first movie with his father and all that?

Just now, exomassey said:

Even any film that Shang Chi or Simu Liu are in, will it be banned in China because of that? Or are the issues specifically with what happens in the first movie with his father and all that?

i dont think that being banned and not get a release is exactly the same

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

Good luck finding the answer.

There is no need for them, and it is not expected of them, to give any reason.

It is up to Disney & Marvel studios to decipher the reason and see whether they want to act according to what it being implied.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

not really but also theses films where release in a period where there was the black out,these were also hybrid releases and by the time that the studios could in theory push this films to release there it was prob already too late and prob not worth it.Now of course they dont need to explain shang absence i agree with you on that

This is your point of view - and does not neccessarily represent what studios think. They were pushing hard for Snake Eyes. Space Jam was also pushed as an attempt to reconcille China and NBA's relationship. You think Dwayne Johnson won't push for Jungle Cruise in China despite the hybrid release? He is a huge draw there.

All I can say it - sometimes things just don't happen and like we don't expect a reason to be spelled out for each of these films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Good luck finding the answer.

There is no need for them, and it is not expected of them, to give any reason.

It is up to Disney & Marvel studios to decipher the reason and see whether they want to act according to what it being implied.

That’s just crazy to me. 

“Sorry we won’t release your film in China”

“Why? What’s the reason?”

“Figure it out yourselves!”

I’m just worried because this could imply they won’t use Shang Chi in the avengers if they might lose one of the biggest markets.

5 minutes ago, exomassey said:

That’s just crazy to me. 

“Sorry we won’t release your film in China”

“Why? What’s the reason?”

“Figure it out yourselves!”

I’m just worried because this could imply they won’t use Shang Chi in the avengers if they might lose one of the biggest markets.

Like I said - many films didn't get release in China this year. Not just Shang Chi - and i don't think reasons are expected to be given.  For each of this film - studios can come up with their own conclusions if they need to.

And i genuinely think you are overthinking and overworried. 

• Like 2

Just now, TigerPaw said:

Like I said - many films didn't get release in China this year. Not just Shang Chi - and i don't think reasons are expected to be given.  For each of this film - studios can come up with their own conclusions if they need to.

And i genuinely think you are overthinking and overworried. 

Okay maybe you’re right.

Thanks for answering my questions anyway.

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

Given the fact that Westerners really love seeing or love putting conspiracy/speculation articles that Simu/Shang Chi might get banned for the past few weeks (see this pokemon collection)

ssaaaa.png

so they can come up with a celebration article on Halloween where they could say "I told you sold", "China is bad", "Disney shouldn't kowtow to China" yada yada, i think most average joes in the West have already believed that Simu/Shang Chi might secretly get banned in China but Disney hasn't announced it yet. And even if SC officially got rejected and Disney came up with another reason, Western media would put out another conspiracy that perhaps Disney is too ashamed to admit the truth.

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hoping for $300M in China for NWH. Need only 47M admits with recent ticket hikes and exchange rates. 

FFH was 39.4M so need just 20% increase which December can easily give.

Why would it even need December for that? 20% is trivial considering the difference in hype. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arian1010 said:

Given the fact that Westerners really love seeing or love putting conspiracy/speculation articles that Simu/Shang Chi might get banned for the past few weeks (see this pokemon collection)

ssaaaa.png

so they can come up with a celebration article on Halloween where they could say "I told you sold", "China is bad", "Disney shouldn't kowtow to China" yada yada, i think most average joes in the West have already believed that Simu/Shang Chi might secretly get banned in China but Disney hasn't announced it yet. And even if SC officially got rejected and Disney came up with another reason, Western media would put out another conspiracy that perhaps Disney is too ashamed to admit the truth.

Idk whats the reason for this articles to exist in the first place.....

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hoping for $300M in China for NWH. Need only 47M admits with recent ticket hikes and exchange rates. 

FFH was 39.4M so need just 20% increase which December can easily give.

38 minutes ago, Menor said:

Why would it even need December for that? 20% is trivial considering the difference in hype. 

What does hype for NWH look like in China, compared to the US? 

6 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I wouldn't exactly consider that guy part of the media. Also, it's a shame about the releases. With the lack of a Venom release, I'm starting to think China doesn't want anything to do with the Marvel brand at all.

?? You are overthinking and overanalyzing.

It just hasn't been announced. I am pretty sure Venom and NWH will both be released in China.

• Like 1