A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

there is nothing new in the article, even if eternals releases in china, we probably wont know till late oct ,early nov

I am willing to bet money that Eternals has 0% chance of release. Chloe has been scrubbed from china's internet and even her oscar win was not covered. no way china forgets or forgives. 

Let us see if Venom 2 gets a date and then Spidey. I would not be surprised if they decide entire Marvel is western propaganda or some other stuff. There is no logic at times. 

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Awesome. At last some good news. Is it 1st week of November?

Suspicious Propaganda Department guy say so.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, grim22 said:

They will probably release it on Nov 5 to fill the Eternals release date hole.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am willing to bet money that Eternals has 0% chance of release. Chloe has been scrubbed from china's internet and even her oscar win was not covered. no way china forgets or forgives. 

Let us see if Venom 2 gets a date and then Spidey. I would not be surprised if they decide entire Marvel is western propaganda or some other stuff. There is no logic at times. 

Black Widow was Disney's silly decision to push it back in China, could have released it in China earlier than rest of the world and get USD200m.

Shang Chi and Eternals got their own issues which we all know.

Venom and NWH will be released i don't see any resson why not; there is no reason at all to think China is against Marvel just because of specific reasons surrounding some films.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

¥102.8M / ¥4,218.6M(12-day total, THU debut) for TBALK. 

¥119.4M / ¥4,293.3M(12-day total, FRI debut) for Hi, Mom at the same point.

Unless 3rd weekend hold well, it's unlikely for TBALK to be NO.2 or NO.1 of all time.

Hi Mom 3rd weekend was buoyed by LANTERN day, an advantage that Lake won't have. 

9 minutes ago, Momori said:

Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post so I don't know If this has been asked before or not but, how well are we expecting Spider-Man: No Way Home to perform in China? Very early predictions if you will. 

if i had to give a long margin i would say $250M-$450M maybe even more.

22 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

douban score after oversea opening

NTTD - 7.1

Dune - 8.0

for recent 007 movies

CR - 7.6

QoS - 6.6

Skyfall - 7.1

Spectre - 6.4

for DV's works

BR2049 - 8.3

Arrival - 7.8

Sicario - 7.6

Enemy - 7.0

Prisoners - 8.1

Incendies - 8.6

After having seen No Time to Die, I think it's going to tank in the 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

After having seen No Time to Die, I think it's going to tank in the 2nd weekend.

if opening is good, one week is enough. Craig’s series is not what general audience want here. Brosnan’s works are what most of us think Hollywood blockbusters should ever be, even though ridiculous.

15 hours ago, The GOAT said:

China is not leggy plus if Venom 2 releases in its 2nd weekend, it will tank irrespective of WOM. But looking at leggy markets, it has done well so far. It has had great 2nd week holds in many markets. 

Plus I liked the movie. There are universal bad WOM here for sure.