Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread | Wonder Woman - Dec 18, Soul - Dec 25

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

there is nothing new in the article, even if eternals releases in china, we probably wont know till late oct ,early nov

I am willing to bet money that Eternals has 0% chance of release. Chloe has been scrubbed from china's internet and even her oscar win was not covered. no way china forgets or forgives. 

 

Let us see if Venom 2 gets a date and then Spidey. I would not be surprised if they decide entire Marvel is western propaganda or some other stuff. There is no logic at times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Awesome. At last some good news. Is it 1st week of November?

 

Suspicious Propaganda Department guy say so.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, grim22 said:

They will probably release it on Nov 5 to fill the Eternals release date hole.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am willing to bet money that Eternals has 0% chance of release. Chloe has been scrubbed from china's internet and even her oscar win was not covered. no way china forgets or forgives. 

 

Let us see if Venom 2 gets a date and then Spidey. I would not be surprised if they decide entire Marvel is western propaganda or some other stuff. There is no logic at times. 

Black Widow was Disney's silly decision to push it back in China, could have released it in China earlier than rest of the world and get USD200m.

 

Shang Chi and Eternals got their own issues which we all know.

 

Venom and NWH will be released i don't see any resson why not; there is no reason at all to think China is against Marvel just because of specific reasons surrounding some films.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

¥102.8M / ¥4,218.6M(12-day total, THU debut) for TBALK. 

 

¥119.4M / ¥4,293.3M(12-day total, FRI debut) for Hi, Mom at the same point.

 

Unless 3rd weekend hold well, it's unlikely for TBALK to be NO.2 or NO.1 of all time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

¥102.8M / ¥4,218.6M(12-day total, THU debut) for TBALK. 

 

¥119.4M / ¥4,293.3M(12-day total, FRI debut) for Hi, Mom at the same point.

 

Unless 3rd weekend hold well, it's unlikely for TBALK to be NO.2 or NO.1 of all time.

Hi Mom 3rd weekend was buoyed by LANTERN day, an advantage that Lake won't have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post so I don't know If this has been asked before or not but, how well are we expecting Spider-Man: No Way Home to perform in China? Very early predictions if you will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Momori said:

Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post so I don't know If this has been asked before or not but, how well are we expecting Spider-Man: No Way Home to perform in China? Very early predictions if you will. 

if i had to give a long margin i would say $250M-$450M maybe even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

douban score after oversea opening

 

NTTD - 7.1

Dune - 8.0

 

for recent 007 movies

CR - 7.6

QoS - 6.6

Skyfall - 7.1

Spectre - 6.4

 

for DV's works

BR2049 - 8.3

Arrival - 7.8

Sicario - 7.6

Enemy - 7.0

Prisoners - 8.1

Incendies - 8.6

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

douban score after oversea opening

 

NTTD - 7.1

Dune - 8.0

 

for recent 007 movies

CR - 7.6

QoS - 6.6

Skyfall - 7.1

Spectre - 6.4

 

for DV's works

BR2049 - 8.3

Arrival - 7.8

Sicario - 7.6

Enemy - 7.0

Prisoners - 8.1

Incendies - 8.6

After having seen No Time to Die, I think it's going to tank in the 2nd weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

After having seen No Time to Die, I think it's going to tank in the 2nd weekend.

if opening is good, one week is enough. Craig’s series is not what general audience want here. Brosnan’s works are what most of us think Hollywood blockbusters should ever be, even though ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bond can easily make $90-$110M if WOM is better than Spectre. However, I think a total over $150M is possible if Daniel Craig's Last Bond Film Effect workout but still what matter here is WOM especially in Douban not on Maoyon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The GOAT said:

After having seen No Time to Die, I think it's going to tank in the 2nd weekend.

China is not leggy plus if Venom 2 releases in its 2nd weekend, it will tank irrespective of WOM. But looking at leggy markets, it has done well so far. It has had great 2nd week holds in many markets. 

 

Plus I liked the movie. There are universal bad WOM here for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBALC is falling like a rock. I imagine a final over $750M is likely but something over $800M seems unlikely now. 

 

#1 : WW2 = $854M

#2 : Hi, mom = $821M

#3 : TBALC = $750M-$800M

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LPLC said:

TBALC is falling like a rock. I imagine a final over $750M is likely but something over $800M seems unlikely now

Nope. Normal drop so far. Expecting ¥400M+ next weekend, let's see.

 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.