A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

14 hours ago, POTUS said:

should happen

pS multi usually expands by 25%+ on Saturday.

PS will get to 16.5 at 1am up just 20% but the multi should be 8+.

at least 132m up 45%

ill be asleep, take the 1200-1300 rate, not 1400-1500- its inflated, run it to 2200 and add 50% for 3 hours for primetime,1800-2100 on saturday(100% on fri.)

eg. if its 35m at 1200 and does 9m from 12-1300=  35m+90m+13.5m= 138.5m

Couldnt get the 12-1pm rate but the 1:30 to 2 pm rate was 5.24 and was at 39.68 at 1:30pm. That 138.5m number from your example is gonna be close to the actual number I think. 👍

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Couldnt get the 12-1pm rate but the 1:30 to 2 pm rate was 5.24 and was at 39.68 at 1:30pm. That 138.5m number from your example is gonna be close to the actual number I think. 👍

60% jump possible today ?

42 minutes ago, mredblood said:

Any idea for RPO on Saturday so far

29 minutes ago, jb007 said:

RPO may do 36M+ today. will defer to our experts here.

16 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

60% jump possible today ?

Looking like 130s. $22m up 45% from friday. Good bump. $54m OW

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

Heading to the vicinity of 140m Y today for a 49% increase. A good increase but nowhere near the 85% increase that RP1 had despite similar Maoyan score. Suffice to say Rampage is not gonna blow out like RP1 did. 

RP1 fell about 10% on Sunday despite flat PS. Rampage should fall much higher than that. 

Still Rampage should have a nice multi off of the weekend and can get to 150. It will benefit from the fact that no major hollywood movie opens for nearly a month till Infinity War gets there

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Annihilation with a 6.9 rating up 2% DoD at 14m on its way to $5.5m weekend. LoL. I wonder if it can beat power Rangers drop of 98% next week

Rampage 135m for saturday up 43%. 

Me thinks a 20% drop tomorrow for a 334m/$54.5m weekend

With this wom and OW , what's the minimum and maximum Boxoffice run. I know all r projecting 150m but how less it can do and how high it can go ACC to u?

59 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

With this wom and OW , what's the minimum and maximum Boxoffice run. I know all r projecting 150m but how less it can do and how high it can go ACC to u?

OW is supposed to be $54-55m, 2x multiplier gives 110m, my guess is 120m

3 hours ago, Jaybee said:

I don't think it will be below $130m with little competition next week. The sky can happen in CBO, however a 9.5+ rating gets it there, need to see the Tuesday hold to see how much it can make

Edited by POTUS

55 minutes ago, POTUS said:

I don't think it will be below $130m with little competition next week. The sky can happen in CBO, need to see the Tuesday hold to see how much it can make

That's a good news after a stumbling USA opening