A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

JW2 opens one a long holiday weekend(Sat- Monday will be holiday).

But competitions seem to be tougher than IW.

Still I think 300M is not hard for it as long as WOM doesn't suck.

There was this announcement of FF spinoff Hobbs&shaw . I know it's too early to call But ff series being the most popular one ,what are its chances!

35 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

There was this announcement of FF spinoff Hobbs&shaw . I know it's too early to call But ff series being the most popular one ,what are its chances!

It may make $200M

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, POTUS said:

With extention and holiday $360m does look good. It'll drop 80%+ on JW2's OD but get a good boost on Sat- Mon

To be clear, this is if an extension happens? How likely is that? Or was one just recently confirmed?

IW @ 21.1M at 2:30PM. Ideally should double that, but I am gonna be a bit conservative and say 40M.

Looks to finish $355M without extension and $360M with extension.

Solo looking to finish at 17M. So, just under $10m OW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

To be clear, this is if an extension happens? How likely is that? Or was one just recently confirmed?

Hasnt been confirmed, but they have been given to most movies lately that have a decent PTA. RPO and Rampage were extended.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, POTUS said:

Hasnt been confirmed, but they have been given to most movies lately that a decent PTA. RPO and Rampage were extended.

Alright, good to know. 360 rather than 350 helps keep 2B on track with a DOM Numbers being a tad on the lighter side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Alright, good to know. 360 rather than 350 helps keep 2B on track with a DOM Numbers being a tad on the lighter side.

I think that AIW will leg it out from here on as the one-two punch of DP2 & Solow has already happened. Much repeat business will go to AIW since it's far & away the best of the 3. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Only 140 million away from the original 500M BOT prediction. :whosad:

To be honest, that's what I expected (hoped) from AIW in China. That movie just kicks so much butt to not make what several Chinese movies have already made or not to comfortably overtake those FF abominations. 

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

35 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

To be honest, that's what I expected (hoped) from AIW in China. That movie just kicks so much butt to not make what several Chinese movies have already made or not to comfortably overtake those FF abominations. 

No worrys, Jurassic World will gross that 500M :)

• Like 1