A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

59 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

how many admissions?

32 minutes ago, Manny G said:

A lot of European countries measure box office by number of tickets(admissions) rather than money made, so maybe that’s why.

Ticket are nearly the same price I believe. @Olive could confirm.  I believe Y35 is about the average

it did 1.976B/$318m

56.4m Adm @35 per ticket

PS reached 52m.  260-270m with 5-5.2x

Vm did 303 Sat,  223 Sun

223m is the target for Sun. if Aq is close to that, Its dailies will be bigger during the week and beat it

Edited by POTUS
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, POTUS said:

slapstick was big in the 30s but died off when WW2 hit

westerns ruled for 30 years.....and then died off as well as pirate movies

Realism movies in the 50s 60s and 70s were big, they thought no one wanted to see the fantasy "Star Wars" then they fell off

Disney films fell out of favor for a while in the late 70s-early 80s

sooner or later fatigue sets in or something new comes along

I say this was the the big one. hard to top

The difference is that SH is not just a genre but also subjects. SH can be made into all genres.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

At least one of Ant-Man 2 or Aquaman won't make it (AM2 very unlikely at this point). Still an amazing year considering the top 2.

We have to be near Peak Superhero? I mean, it can't much better(/worse) than this.

Is it now? 49.5M.

which one can replace A-M2

12 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Wut

Not even kidding. I am sending and reporting the links to Warner Bro’s Facebook page but no response yet. Over 100k views online already... and that’s 2 weeks before the movie releases to the rest of the world.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Not even kidding. I am sending and reporting the links to Warner Bro’s Facebook page but no response yet. Over 100k views online already... and that’s 2 weeks before the movie releases to the rest of the world.

Meh it’s a cam version 

7 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Meh it’s a cam version 

True ...

If the movie's appeal is the underwater adventure/cgi/visual feast, seeing a cam version isn't going to stop people from checking it on the big screen.  I can't imagine saying screw the theater experience for that, and guessing it will have minimal impact if any.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yup but not sure about the impact.. Pretty sure it wil not impact the Chinese box office. But in many other parts of Asia (EM especially), people can live with a CAM version.

Honestly, the vast majority of those people were likely not going to see it anyway then. 

Just now, TigerPaw said:

Yup but not sure about the impact.. Pretty sure it wil not impact the Chinese box office. But in many other parts of Asia (EM especially), people can live with a CAM version.

Yeah there’s a impact but the headlines of the movie doing good box office > impact of pirated version. In the eyes of the studio at least.

Same thing happened With Jurassic World over the summer and it ended up opening above expectations when it hit the US 2 weeks later.

• Like 1