A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

In actual gross no, been dead for weeks. In terms of Mojo reported total maaaaaaybe, but we’d need a big shock to the ER real soon.

ER is on rise again, if this weekend is last weekend of Aquaman, ER would mostly be 6.78 i.e. ~$294mn< that's still $4mn more than Actual.

8 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

@POTUS

From the other thread, Infinity War should be realistically at $2.1 billion based on reported China numbers?

No it shoudn't, BOM total is the number Disney gives them. if you count every country on the boxofficemojo list you won't get to the OS total. BOM only uses the ER from the last WE it played in a country but the OS tot on DOM is a number directly from disney not all countries combined. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Deadpool 2 doesn't matter, what matter is Deadpool 3 is doing $1 Billion out of which $150-200mn China.

I know DP2 isn’t making a killer but I do wonder if it makes a decent amount of money in China if going forward for Deadpool 3, Disney will invest some money and make a Deadpool cut that is specific for China. Spending an extra $5-10M for a PG-13 cut to get say $100M from China box office seems like a good deal to me. 

2 hours ago, firedeep said:

I doubt DP3 ever happens ...

It may not happen the way Fox wanted it to happen but it's most definitely happening. Why would a studio give up a franchise that doesn't cost much to make (relative to other franchise films) but still makes a boat load of money? 

41 minutes ago, Nova said:

It may not happen the way Fox wanted it to happen but it's most definitely happening. Why would a studio give up a franchise that doesn't cost much to make (relative to other franchise films) but still makes a boat load of money? 

That is the key. I do not see Disney making THIS Deadpool. It will be something called Deadpool too, which will make tons of money, but it will not probably be what we have already seen.

• Sad 1