A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

15 hours ago, peludo said:

Just a question from an ignorant: Some of you were saying during the weekend that Ferdinand could make a leggy run. I see that Ferdinand (and Wonder too) have great Maoyan score (both over 9), so that would be the reason to think about it. But, do you still think that these films can explode? I get that, for example, Ferdinand is an animated film and it should have better results during weekends, but even cosidering that factor the Mon-Tue results do not seem so promising in my eyes...

too many films (YF, Wonder, ss, Ferdinand) with good WOM playing at the same time that each ends up with 'worse' than expected (late) legs.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, POTUS said:

Maze3 PS a little stronger than I thought, $20-25m OW

Any updates on Maze3? Maze2 did $30m total. So if this one can do $25m over the ow itself, that would be great. Would at least hope for $20m ow going by growth of China's market.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

Any updates on Maze3? Maze2 did $30m total. So if this one can do $25m over the ow itself, that would be great. Would at least hope for $20m ow going by growth of China's market.

MR3 will be about 52m for today. That should put it on track for 20-25m USD OW as POTUS estimated. Above 25m OW seems unlikely

Secret Superstar at around 31 for the day and total around 324m

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 3:24 AM, firedeep said:

Peter Rabbit  --- Mar 2nd

Black Panther --- Mar 9th

Will the rabbit eat the panther? :)

On 1/19/2018 at 3:49 AM, firedeep said:

Studios inflating Maoyan scores only started since last October when they realized Maoyan scores are highly related to box office runs.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:13 AM, TigerPaw said:

Ferdinand’s Maoyan score is a little strange, looks really inflated. Does anyone know whether the distributor is fudging the score? 

Its going to hold ok this weekend. Better than -50% but not a bump like I thought.  Maybe the score is inflated. 

Its foolish for them to that, im sure many people look at the score, but genuine WoM is generated by people talking about it and urging others to see it. 

Messing with score will make it untrustworthy or the bar will just rise where only a 9.8 means something

33 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Coco ended its run with 1212.3M yuan(1134M without fees, about 400M less than Zootopia)

35.9M admissions, vs. Zootopia's 45.48M 

makes one appreciate zootopia's run even more.

zootopia's china is bigger than doms of big hero 6, coco, wall-e, ratatouille, etc.

• Like 1