Nice to Meet You - $0.94M / $2.81M
Lyod - $0.82M
Really? - $0.69M
Operation Red Sea - $0.47M / $566.49M
Tomb Raider - $0.41M / $76.08M
Bajrangi Bhaijaan - $0.16M / $44.26M

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Sunday and tuesday will be the key holds. if they both bump  a little, 1.5b will be locked

Need to see

Fr   87m

Sa 165m +90%  PS at 27. should do at least 6x with OD doing 5x

Su 175m  +6%    -25% is standard

Mo 80m   -55%    -66% is standard 

Tu 85m    +6%    -15% 

if it could do that it should bump the following weekend depending on screen counts. There are several releases on wed for the holiday, nothing looks big yet. Itll lose a lot of shows on wed but regain them through the weekend

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am very pleasantly surprised at RPO's breakout. I thought it was a fantastic film personally, but I just didn't think that heavy sci-fi reliant on nostalgic references (most of which are from the 1980s Western pop culture) would sell that well in China. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I am very pleasantly surprised at RPO's breakout. I thought it was a fantastic film personally, but I just didn't think that heavy sci-fi reliant on nostalgic references (most of which are from the 1980s Western pop culture) would sell that well in China. 

If the overall adventure is Universal, fun and fast paced then a break out is possible regardless of that issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KP1025 said:

There are hundreds of millions of game players in China.No matter RP1 is about 1980s nostalgic references,it's all about game itself.Warcraft cross $213M.RP1 could be around $180M

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

And Kong sold much higher than Planets of the Apes , who knew that before 2017.

How the monkey business turned its table...

that was hardly surprising and not really relevant to what I was saying.

Ready Player One is a movie that is built on nostalgia for films that were never released in China. 

Pacific Rim Uprising is a movie that was built from the ground up specifically for Chinese audiences.

54 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

Ready Player One is a movie that is built on nostalgia for films that were never released in China. 

That was just barely the icing on cake. 

RPO is an action-adventure movie with great set pieces first and a nostalgia fest after (that's coming from a guy who haven't even read the books and doesn't get a hard on whenever DeLorean comes on screen).

Also this movie is about MMO and China's young online gaming population might just be the biggest target audience of this flick  

12 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

And Kong sold much higher than Planets of the Apes , who knew that before 2017.

How the monkey business turned its table...

Kong once was popular in China.it's not very surprised.King Kong(2005)was top5 in boxoffice.But PRU underperform is a bit shock