A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

FB2 run rate crashing, walk ups are dwindling.  It will barely clear 80m. unlikely to bump tomorrow. 230m/$33m weekend It will probably drop 90% next weekend.

$43m for the week

$4m next week

$47m Total

Vm will get good show increases thru out the week.  Giving it a bigger bump tomorrow and holding better thru Thursday. 

Vm may not lose many shows next friday.  They will take most shows from FB2 and other holdovers for the small new releases Including Ralph

• Like 2
  • Astonished 5
  • Sad 3
  • ...wtf 2

4 minutes ago, POTUS said:

FB2 run rate crashing, walk ups are dwindling.  It will barely clear 80m. unlikely to bump tomorrow. 230m/$33m weekend It will probably drop 90% next weekend.

$43m for the week

$4m next week

$47m Total

Vm will get good show increases thru out the week.  Giving it a bigger bump tomorrow and holding better thru Thursday. 

Vm may not lose many shows next friday.  They will take most shows from FB2 and other holdovers for the small new releases Including Ralph

Holy crap. That will be horrible if it gets to only 47m. 

I was just about to post that this will not even get to 40m OW. I am thinking around 35-36ish (First time you are more conservative than me!!!)

So yeah my original prediction of 46 before opening is definitely not happening (although I did say I will update once ratings and friday numbers comes in)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, POTUS said:

$43m for the week

$4m next week

$47m Total

Ouuuchhhhhh

I think it could bump a bit tomorrow but 40 mill OW seems impossible with ratings and a bad PS multiplier on friday

I don´t know how things work on China, but do you guys think this movie will destroy the Fantastic Beasts franchise there?

I mean, suppose the next movie is a lot better than this, would they still watch it or after this movie they will be done with the franchise?

1 minute ago, Rogerio said:

I don´t know how things work on China, but do you guys think this movie will destroy the Fantastic Beasts franchise there?

I mean, suppose the next movie is a lot better than this, would they still watch it or after this movie they will be done with the franchise?

It has a chance if the next one is really good IMO. But it will never be huge in China

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, POTUS said:

$43m for the week

$4m next week

$47m Total

Wow, guess I was too optimistic about the multiplier. That would be TLJ level bad reception and a big drop from the previous film. WB will not be happy that the Wizarding World cinematic universe is collapsing instead of growing in China.

14 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

China never was a important market for HP.

All FB serie get from china is a surplus. 

Anyway what FB need to archive is no go dow on Europe and the States.

Like I say ,all that come from china is a plus

By the way, the FB2 PS for tomorrow is good.

Don't know if going to bomb, but are better that today. 

Right now 30M plus

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

$43m for the week

$4m next week

$47m Total

$50m total is still possible ..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Holy crap. That will be horrible if it gets to only 47m. 

I was just about to post that this will not even get to 40m OW. I am thinking around 35-36ish (First time you are more conservative than me!!!)

So yeah my original prediction of 46 before opening is definitely not happening (although I did say I will update once ratings and friday numbers comes in)

well actually, the consensus was mid 40s.  Saying 33 is like 58 if it was strong. Your still more conservative, just on how much its tanking instead of blowing up.😉

PS at 31m for Sat. it should over 100m but the walk ups died to day. Maybe it does mid/upper 30s but i think -90% next week happens either way

Vm PS up 100% from yesterday.  170m saturday incoming.  -43% WoW.  Thatll put the week down just 50%

Spidey WW could go down

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2