A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

8 hours ago, Rogerio said:

What do you think FB will do? 

It could do less than 60M? 

imo the range is 1.5-1.7x which gives $56-64 total. $60 is possible. looking at the mixed-negative reception am inclined to lean towrads the lower end of the range. the competition though is not high aparpt from Venom going strong into it's 2nd week.

(btw In this thread by default the figures are read/written in Yuan so best to add the symbol for other currencies :))

28 minutes ago, Olive said:

Monday est

Venom 35.2m/1460m, -68%

A Cool Fish 21m/88.2m, -35%

FB2 18.9M/279.1m, -72%

It seems that "A Cool Fish" will have a leggy run. Right now, Maoyan predicts it will make more than FB2 (444m Yuan vs 439m). That would mean a x6.6 multiplier.

Edited by peludo

22 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, as same like JW:FK was terrible to you and you’re pissed that film didn’t underperform but the opposite. Bla-freaking bla. 😒Low grossing movie-lover.

I also really disliked JW:FK. But i dont want it to fail. Does these two have to go hand in hand?

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

JW:FK was terrible. I wonder how it got those legs everywhere. Don't deserve even $500mn.

Beyond terrible. Easy the worst of them all.

But im still happy that it made money enough to get a sequel that hopefully can erase this turd from my memory

Lol haters gonna hate i guess :D Yes, the Jurassic World films are incredibly stupid, but also massively entertaining. They are liked by the majority of moviegoers, because all they want is some entertaining dino mayhem. We got that in both movies.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Lol haters gonna hate i guess :D Yes, the Jurassic World films are incredibly stupid, but also massively entertaining. They are liked by the majority of moviegoers, because all they want is some entertaining dino mayhem. We got that in both movies.

Very well said.

And most importantly looking ahead, it’s teased that the plot revolves around dinosaurs loose in the world which is something people have wanted for a long time. 

• Like 2