A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I felt 80% of JW2 was perfectly fine. Some of it worth watching more than once on the big-screen. But the last 15-20 minutes were rushed and unstructured in tying all the ends while setting up a sequel. Once the smart lethal Indoraptor attacks Pratt and Co. with surprising clumsiness in a long drawn no-casuality fight featuring a perticularly strong and capable Blue, the movie looses the tension that even a B-monster movie with A-visuals should have. Apart from that I don't have any complains.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Beyond terrible. Easy the worst of them all.

This.

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

But im still happy that it made money enough to get a sequel that hopefully can erase this turd from my memory

It's gonna be written by Trevorrow and Pacific Rim 2 writer, it's gonna be as terrible or somehow even worse than JW:FK.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

JW:FK was terrible. I wonder how it got those legs everywhere. Don't deserve even $500mn.

Because it's a very backloaded and not fan-driven franchise, which is a shame.

44 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

And most importantly looking ahead, it’s teased that the plot revolves around dinosaurs loose in the world which is something people have wanted for a long time. 

That's not what you gonna get, even Trevorrow said that JW3 won't be about what was teased or people expect. JP3 ending already teased the same sequel with dinosaurs on the loose around the world, but it was fully ignored because true JP4 died in development hell.

JW was a good movie, very entertaining. Well worth the price to see in IMaX. 

JW2 was not that great tbh. I liked the first half when they were on the island itself. But the part in the mansion didnt do much for me. Although I did like the idea of the horror elements in the mansion and some parts were somewhat scary but the grand feeling of Jurassic Park movies was missing. 

But I can understand why so many people found it entertaining and why it grossed so much. 

2 hours ago, a2k said:

381/$55 looks dead for FB2. Don't think it can do much more than 360/$52.

Its going to do 10m tomorrow. 316m/$45.4m week 

its shows are going to drop from 24% to 10% on Friday. I doubt it bumps. Could decline. 

If Fri is flat-

F 10m  Sa 20m  Su 14m= 44m/$6.3m weekend -83%.    $53.5m thru next Thursday Not much more after that

Vm  shows will drop from 37% to 25% on Friday. Expecting a 30-40% bump like last week. -60% WoW

It should make 200m for the week

Thru tomorrow 1540m/$221m with 30% Fri bump

Thr next thurs   1740m/$250m

It needs to bump over 40% on Fri to reach $270m

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2