A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it doesnt matter , 9.3 or 9.1 wont make a difference

It matters. It went from 9.3 to 9.2 to 9.1. With the trend of it going down, we can't rule out going down even further to 9 and then 8.9. Good thing is that the holidays in China will make sure that it won't bleed in terms of BO.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, UserHN said:

It matters. It went from 9.3 to 9.2 to 9.1. With the trend of it going down, we can't rule out going down even further to 9 and then 8.9. Good thing is that the holidays in China will make sure that it won't bleed in terms of BO.

the most votes are already gone, if the score remains 9.1 until sunday , then it wont matter

24 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe but I think 2.4 is very low. Guess we'll see based on 2nd/3rd week. Infinity War definitely my opinion or not was absolutely not as well received by Critics, Cinemascore nor the GA. Some hardcore fans didn't like the first 2 acts as much and probably felt it was smaller in scale (totally agree but personally I love the slower pace) the 3rd act was great for most of them. The ending did a great job pleasing GA and the hardcore fans. I don't see why it would perform worse than Infinity War when it's fact liked more. Sure many saw that film more than once but a lot of people like me didn't want to go horrible depressed over and over.

I think it has a great chance to beat SFA which requires a 2.63 multiplier.....IWs multiplier.

yeah in the end wom is king. mi6 grew over mi5's incredible 3.5x and aiw beat aou's 2.4x handily. so aeg beating aiw's legs won't shock me but it's still out of the ordinary. even an animation like httyd3 showed sequelitis despite good wom and is ending at 2.9x compared to httyd2's 3.6x.

i think beating aou's 2.4x is a good goal for aeg after that insane ow. matching aiw's 2.6x+ looks like the high end like with mi6 edging out mi5.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, a2k said:

yeah in the end wom is king. mi6 grew over mi5's incredible 3.5x and aiw beat aou's 2.4x handily. so aeg beating aiw's legs won't shock me but it's still out of the ordinary. even an animation like httyd3 showed sequelitis despite good wom and is ending at 2.9x compared to httyd2's 3.6x.

i think beating aou's 2.4x is a good goal for aeg after that insane ow. matching aiw's 2.6x+ looks like the high end like with mi6 edging out mi5.

httyd3 while it was liked had worse wom than httyd2

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

good ?

Absolutely monster. It's going to beat maoyan's forecast for today which was aggressive to begin with.

Possibility of 100% increase from Monday to Tuesday?

I bet China outgrosses USA today.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Tomorrow doing 400m is looking more likely than 2 days ago. 

I was just going off the potential mon # and historical holiday bumps. Had my doubts when mon was just 125m.

But. PS screaming at 6m ph. 160-170m by 2am!just a 2.5PSm gets it over 400m

• Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

I was just going off the potential mon # and historical holiday bumps. Had my doubts when mon was just 125m.

But. PS screaming at 6m ph. 160-170m by 2am!just a 2.5PSm gets it over 400m

Ps for Wednesday are great, ps's for Thursday are a bit low still hope it gets to atleast 100m by MN tomorrow because otherwise we might have a big drop on our hands.

33 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Lion King passed the censorship in China. We heard it have a big chance to get a July date in China because it has something to do with trade war. 

Will a July release positively affect TLK's gross?