A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

31 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Films like Wolf Warrior 2, Operation Red Sea & documentary Amazing China were criticized by central leadership after trade wars began. According to knowledgeable people’s descriptions, these films about Chinese (military) power made China be pretty passive in international position. Those low level leadership will not be able to support these films any more. Also, Wolf Warrior 3 will have no chance to get release license no matter if the production start or not. In some way these films are banned.

I'm interested to know more about this. Why did the Trade Wars begin the criticism?
Are the films now shunned in general or still the favorites of a lot of people?

3 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Given how strong the morning increase is, I think 500M is a reasonable target for today.

Anyone in? 

Idk enough about how the peak hours and increase rates are in China, and what is reasonable. But I'm definitely hoping! 

34 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Films like Wolf Warrior 2, Operation Red Sea & documentary Amazing China were criticized by central leadership after trade wars began. According to knowledgeable people’s descriptions, these films about Chinese (military) power made China be pretty passive in international position. Those low level leadership will not be able to support these films any more. Also, Wolf Warrior 3 will have no chance to get release license no matter if the production start or not. In some way these films are banned.

As a fan of big ass numbers...:whosad:

5 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Given how strong the morning increase is, I think 500M is a reasonable target for today.

Anyone in? 

Depending on how the pre-sales are allocated, we're looking at 450M at a minimum and could potentially see much more.

• Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Depending on how the pre-sales are allocated, we're looking at 450M at a minimum and could potentially see much more.

Might be a dumb question, but with Thursday and Friday being holidays as well, why aren't Thursday presales as strong as Wednesday presales at the same point in time? If people are off all day, and don't work the next day due to another holiday, shouldn't Thursday be relatively flat with Wednesday?

Am I missing something?

Just now, VanillaSkies said:

Might be a dumb question, but with Thursday and Friday being holidays as well, why aren't Thursday presales as strong as Wednesday presales at the same point in time? If people are off all day, and don't work the next day due to another holiday, shouldn't Thursday be relatively flat with Wednesday?

Am I missing something?

Demand burns off over time 

7 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Well I know that, same with domestic. But there seems to be quite a different in PS compared to what they were Wednesday

Not that I am expert, but more than demands burning off, now the audience don't have urgency, now that almost week had passed. They can leisurely walk to ticket window & buy the tickets, avoid some service fees. 

14 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Am I missing something?

Wednesday presales will continue to rise throughout the day and get over 100M. POTUS already explained May 1st will be the strongest day of the 4 day holiday followed by Thursday than Fri and finally Sat.

• Like 1

Just now, anti-Pedantic said:

Not that I am expert, but more than demands burning off, now the audience don't have urgency, now that almost week had passed. They can leisurely walk to ticket window & buy the tickets, avoid some service fees. 

That does make sense. 
I forget about the ticket fee sometimes. 

Here in Canada, the biggest chain Cineplex doesn't charge service fees for online booking, so there is no point in not booking online. Even if you are at the theatre, it's easier to hop on the app and get your ticket then to stand in line to buy. 

1 hour ago, LeoC said:

Anyone in? 

in

1 hour ago, VanillaSkies said:

Am I missing something?

May Day always has bigger bump than other days of the holidays.