A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

23 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Im sorry but its delusional to think a batman solo movie is going to do 2 billion. 

Only the most hyped movies ever have hit that number and you guys think this new Batman movie will do as well as Infinity War? It’s laughable to even consider the possibility. 

Even the most hyped as fuck Nolan movies barely managed a billion. Even a superman and batman team up or the first ever appearance of Justice League couldn't cross a billion. But this will do 2 billion? Why? Because the dude from Twilight is in this? Or are we seeing Batman after like 2 decades or something? Or is DCEU suddenly peak cinema in everyones mind?

Nolan's movie was 7 years back. TDKR did not barely make 1B in 2D and its release was neutered in china releasing on same day as TASM and couple more movies opening in 3-4 days. Snyder movies were disasters.

I will not even predict a movie this far out. I just said a batman movie with Planet of the Apes level reviews that Reeves got and a big villian has huge potential. But there is lots of ifs and buts. Let us at least see a trailer. But this news sent twitter into a frenzy. There were 250K+ tweets within 1st hour.

BTW I thought this was about 2B Yuan in China. why are we predicting WW total in China BO thread.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatar hitting 4.2B seems more likely than that.  And that's basically impossible.

If anyone got that at first I was serious and then realized that it was stupid and started joking about it, I will scream :ohmygod:

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nolan's movie was 7 years back. TDKR did not barely make 1B in 2D and its release was neutered in china releasing on same day as TASM and couple more movies opening in 3-4 days. Snyder movies were disasters.

I will not even predict a movie this far out. I just said a batman movie with Planet of the Apes level reviews that Reeves got and a big villian has huge potential. But there is lots of ifs and buts. Let us at least see a trailer. But this news sent twitter into a frenzy. There were 250K+ tweets within 1st hour.

BTW I thought this was about 2B Yuan in China. why are we predicting WW total in China BO thread.

because the one start it talk about 2B WW,and he replied to that,2B Yuan ofc is possible 

22 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

If anyone got that at first I was serious and then realized that it was stupid and started joking about it, I will scream :ohmygod:

when you replied yourself ,got that figure out,btw if that batman movie is good,over $1B WW is sure a target

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

its more than 2 years away and we have not seen the movie and who else is there. A hyped Batman movie has huge potential. if it has Planet of the Apes level reviews with a big Villian like Riddler god know how high it can go. I dont think Twilight fans saw batman previously.

@baumer do you remember PotatoPassage from BOM days. I remember she was the 1st true twilight fan and if I am not wrong predicted twilight will do bonkers. But she was right the next year when she predicted 300m for New Moon. her thread in KJ http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44047&p=1260746#p1260746

With the twlight guy. Feels like an absolute lock no.

2 hours ago, Olive said:

Official news, AEG will end its run on May 23rd, Disney asked for an extension, but not permitted by Film Bureau.

Damn! Could have done 7-8M more with extension. And that amount may prove crucial in the fight to beat Avatar.

Will finish with 626-627M.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

because the one start it talk about 2B WW,and he replied to that,2B Yuan ofc is possible 

Pattman doing 2B yuan in China is more impossible than 2B $ WW.

It is just some internet buzz, not actual hype. Some people need to see the difference.

1 minute ago, firedeep said:

Pattman doing 2B yuan in China is more impossible than 2B $ WW.

It is just some internet buzz, not actual hype. Some people need to see the difference.

i thought Batman is quite popular,anyway you re expert so i trust you on that

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It all started coz one person said it could possibly do over 2 billion worldwide. Thats the context I replied in.

And also this is not doing 2b in Yuan either. Chinese moviegoers have showed no speciql interest in Batman movies till now. If the movie is good it may do the standard 100m USD in China but 300m aint happening. 

Anyways this batman talk is derailing the thread. Im gonna stop now

5 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

I dont understand. AEG is the biggest hollywood film of all time in China by a considerable margin and does not get an extension? Yet Wonder fricking Park gets one? Trade War was a big deal last year and AIW still got one, what changed?

Maybe it's too close to Wandering Earth's performance for someone's liking?

52 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

I dont understand. AEG is the biggest hollywood film of all time in China by a considerable margin and does not get an extension? Yet Wonder fricking Park gets one? Trade War was a big deal last year and AIW still got one, what changed?

I think this has to do with the fact that EG has been "allowed" to dominate the labour day weekend season this year, a period that almost never opened to foreign film. To film bureau, that is already a form of privileges.      

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Maybe it's too close to Wandering Earth's performance for someone's liking?

Nah it was never gonna sniff that. It sucks but I'm sure they have a reasonable justification for it. Wonder Park makes no sense but how many screens is it in anyways?