A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If I recall, this backfired for one movie when people paid to promote it didn't realize a crucial detail about it.

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/arts-music/article/2113029/chinas-muddled-movie-marketers-fail-get-their

cant access. what does the link say?

SCMP is blocked by China

1 minute ago, firedeep said:

cant access. what does the link say?

SCMP is blocked by China

Oh. Sorry.

Apparently, on the eve of the film’s release, waves of positive comments were posted on Chinese movie websites (a common tactic of the country’s public relations bods when hyping a film). One popular online thread saw many praising the looks and acting skills of “Kyoani”, supposedly an actor in the film. Nobody seemed to have told the army of commenters (most of them paid to write about something they knew nothing of) that – A Silent Voice being an anime movie – Kyoani was actually an abbreviation of Kyoto Animation, the renowned production studio behind the film.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Oh. Sorry.

every film release, from Maoyan 9.8 Wolf Warriors 2 to Maoyan 2.6 Long Day's Journey Into Night, from Hollywood to Indian, no exception, hires KOLs and pays for fake review andcomments. One or two times each year when badly conducted it backfires.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

Is this at least okay for KOTM?

Looks like itll end around 4M USD for the day. Im not an expert, but I went through a bunch of comps. In terms of percentage Tues-Wed drop for a film's first week in release its not terrible (though in terms of absolute levels its still pretty low). It hasnt totally flamed out so the deciding factor will be how well it can hold against the competition this weekend

EDIT: Did not see Sunny Max's post, I apologize for the redundant content

Edited by Justin4125

2 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Looks like itll end around 4M USD for the day. Im not an expert, but I went through a bunch of comps. In terms of percentage Tues-Wed drop for a film's first week in release its not terrible (though in terms of absolute levels its still pretty low). It hasnt totally flamed out so the deciding factor will be how well it can hold against the competition this weekend

EDIT: Did not see Sunny Max's post, I apologize for the redundant content

Its Okk ..   :) 

Edited by Sunny Max

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wonder if it can go sub 500

This will go under 300 million worldwide, imo.

According to Gavin, a 7.1/10 on taopiaopiao is like a C CinemaScore, but a C CinemaScore usually is something barely under/above 5/10. So, perhaps the system works unlike the US CinemaScore.

Anyway, that doesn't mean good things for legs. We'll have to wait.

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

According to Gavin, a 7.1/10 on taopiaopiao is like a C CinemaScore, but a C CinemaScore usually is something barely under/above 5/10. So, perhaps the system works unlike the US CinemaScore.

I meant RMB total

10 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think he means 500 million yuan which is 72 million

but WW its gonna crash hard. 

This years solo

• Like 1