A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

18 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Off the top of my head I can only think of 2 SH movies with lower score

Green Lantern - 5.9

Fantastic Four (2015) - 4.4

Atleast amongst the recent ones (this decade). I am sure some of the older ones like Ghost Rider, Catwoman, Elektra, etc have ratings lower than DP as well. 

These are all Douban ratings, we’ll have to wait a few hours to get the Maoyan rating which is more indicative of reception and legs. 

I was more talking about the early TPP rating. Though the Douban rating is now down to 6.4, wouldn't be surprised if it fell below Green Lantern. I'm honestly surprised, nothing I saw in the reviews made me think audience reception would be so much worse than something like BvS.

30 minutes ago, Menor said:

I was more talking about the early TPP rating. Though the Douban rating is now down to 6.4, wouldn't be surprised if it fell below Green Lantern. I'm honestly surprised, nothing I saw in the reviews made me think audience reception would be so much worse than something like BvS.

I am suprised too.

People like to beat a dead horse I suppose ..

49 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think we have a Maoyan yet, but TPP shouldn't be all that different. Still, this score is so low I'd bet the Maoyan is a bit higher, maybe 7.5

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

X-men: Dark Phoenix starts with a 7.5 on Maoyan

As I thought. Still horrific though

7 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Less than 250? That’s pretty unlikely even still.

It needs to be seriously carried by OS-China for it to go over and I don't expect that. At this stage the movie won't even cross 60 mil total in China.

Edited by lorddemaxus

36 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It doesn't seem divisive to me. It seems like most people aren't liking it all that much.

I'm really curious why. China loved Apocalypse despite that film losing a lot of the audience from Days of Future Past. Without having seen the film, I can only guess that some diehard X-Men fans are getting turned off by the character decisions. Because otherwise, the formula doesn't seem that different from Apocalypse. 

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I'm really curious why. China loved Apocalypse despite that film losing a lot of the audience from Days of Future Past. Without having seen the film, I can only guess that some diehard X-Men fans are getting turned off by the character decisions. Because otherwise, the formula doesn't seem that different from Apocalypse. 

Characters/actors fans are big parts of many films’ early buzz in China. Venom definitely got benefits from the delay because audience had more time to adjust their expectations on the chemistry of Venom & Eddie.

Not spoiler but Kinberg destroyed Professor X by stupid writing, and McAvoy & Erik-Charles fans didn’t feel so good. Many characters changed their position so easy...I mean they actually have some good reasons to fight for what they are standing for, but Kinberg didn’t care so much and just made the plots move on as quick as he wanted. Some lines especially from Jean did really waste what the actress tried to do(trough trailers you probably already knew that...). And I think general audience can feel these problems though some cool scenes from Magneto.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It needs to be seriously carried by OS-China for it to go over and I don't expect that. At this stage the movie won't even cross 60 mil total in China.

With That Kind Of Rating Even $55 M Looking Tough ...  At 4 PM Beijing standard Time Movie $7.5 M (Include Preview) .. But Still its 4 Days OW With Holiday ... So Their is A chance ...