A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

11 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Am I missing something, it's only at 48m lc on Moayan and the day is almost over. What is the 66m estimate based on?

TLK should finish around 50 for monday. Standart. Nothing screams 3 multiplier

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

I don’t know the patterns in China. @ZeeSoh or @POTUS 2020 will be able to answer.

Drop is OK, not bad but not great either. It fell about 61-62% compared to around 55% drop for Spiderman Far From Home. 

Lets see how it holds up over the next few days but 3x and 150m seems difficult

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

IP Man 4 may get trouble from censorship because the story that a Chinese wushu master fight with US military officer is seen as nationalism. 

They better not try and cut my boy Scott Adkins out of the movie. 

On a more serious note I think this movie is going to have the biggest box office of the series so far whenever it does it released. Yen's star is burning bright right now and marketing this as the finale is a great move. The actual theme of the movie should play well domestically too (unless it's ruined by cuts) 

Additionally, Adkins is well known with Chinese martial arts movie fans and  even world wide the idea of Yen vs Adkins is so marketable to it's target audience. I personally can't wait to see it as well. 

Edited by RaidensSword
Adding more paragraphs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Stark said:

So are no re-releases allowed in China? Could Avatar be re-released there? Can any movie be re-released there?

Titanic 3D re-release made a giant amount in China, I doubt there is any rules about that.