A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

10 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

What makes you so confident? I know these kind of stories can appeal to a certain audience but I'm just curious as I haven't seen much hype about this movie online and I don't see it appealing to families or younger people that much. 

Spoiler

It's the only movie that passed censorship :ph34r:

• Astonished 3

23 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

What makes you so confident? I know these kind of stories can appeal to a certain audience but I'm just curious as I haven't seen much hype about this movie online and I don't see it appealing to families or younger people that much. 

Because I already saw it.

It's other Operation Red Sea.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Because I already saw it.

It's other Operation Red Sea.

Ok, I understand, but that's just your personal review then, are there any tangible signs you've seen that point to it being such a box office hit? 

And do you have any prediction box office wise? 

53 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

Ok, I understand, but that's just your personal review then, are there any tangible signs you've seen that point to it being such a box office hit?

idk, this come to me as rude.

of course @Gavin Feng personal view matter when it come to China. he is no layman, he is one of the three box office analyst from China which I see on the internet, perhaps most famous, since Olive has kept himself low key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

of course @Gavin Feng personal view matter when it come to China. he is no layman, he is one of the three box office analyst from China which I see on the internet, perhaps most famous, since Olive has kept himself low key.

I am layman. I'm the only one who said DP & LK would make $300M in China.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Sorry if you feel this way but why is it rude to ask someone for more something to back up an opinion? I never said his personal view didn't matter, I asked for more sources to support that view. 

Also seeing the way someone who is a box office analyst comes to a decision would be great information for other people. 

That's why we all here to study box office and discuss it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Ne Zha

9.7/10 on Maoyan

2nd highest audience score ever with Wolf Warrior 2, only behind Dangal.

Zootopia don't feel so good.

Interesting. I'm trying to find like any footage from this movie, but I'm coming up empty handed. Can someone help me out?

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Here's the trailer.

Wow, the animation looks really good! Not familiar at all with the subject matter though. When is this supposed to be released? August 16th? Or will it be soon? It's so hard to try to google this movie.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Wow, the animation looks really good! Not familiar at all with the subject matter though. When is this supposed to be released? August 16th? Or will it be soon? It's so hard to try to google this movie.

The story is based off a well-known figure in Chinese mythology, so I imagine that's why it's resonating so much with audiences. I believe the release date got moved up to July 26. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KP1025 said:

The story is based off a well-known figure in Chinese mythology, so I imagine that's why it's resonating so much with audiences. I believe the release date got moved up to July 26. 

July 26th looks busy. They will 70%+ shows. TLK and Spidey7 will be done