A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Is that true or is just no release date in sight? What do the experts here guess?
Wasn't that film co-financed by a Chinese film company? And it would have potential...look at Escape Plan (there you had two well known names but no brand name).

And what about Ad Astra and Angel has Fallen (saw that the second film of the series made over 50M in China)? Does anybody know?

4 hours ago, a2k said:

daily boxoffice on maoyan seems to be locked for free user.

I’m still able to do/see everything I’d expect on the Maoyan  Dashboard, are you still getting this issue? It would be suuuuuuuper lame if they cut off access.

Edited by Thanos Legion

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m still able to do/see everything I’d expect on the Maoyan  Dashboard, are you still getting this issue? It would be suuuuuuuper lame if they cut off access.

Actually, good. Box Office should be premium thing. China was overdoing it with public real time reporting.

BTW working fine for me.

😛

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

the movie main page is working but the daily boxoffice link is still inaccessible for me.

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/movie/1215605/boxshow?wkwebview=1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

the movie main page is working but the daily boxoffice link is still inaccessible for me.

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/movie/1215605/boxshow?wkwebview=1

Ah, gotcha. I thought you might have meant a different different link than https://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard, so glad I clarified.      

I can also follow that daily boxoffice link with no troubles, interestingly. I wonder if it’s a regional effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ah, gotcha. I thought you might have meant a different different link than https://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard, so glad I clarified.      

I can also follow that daily boxoffice link with no troubles, interestingly. I wonder if it’s a regional effect.

it works for charlie too. maybe i have hit it so many times they are like enough of this guy. 😛

• Haha 1

FFHS has a good shot at making it to 1430m on Sunday (it's last day most likely).

Fri is 1.7 (+21%) for 1426

Last Sat had an 85% bump followed by a sub-20% drop on Sunday.

A similar performance will add close to 6m more on Sat and Sun combined for 1432m total.

Edit: 1430 is locked imo. Needs 4 from Sat and Sun combined.

Edit: Fri was 1.6 and Sat was flat from Fri so what do I know :lol: Sun is flat from Sat too.

Edited by a2k

41 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

PS for tomorrow at 300m.  This holiday is going to more than double last year.

@firedeep are these films highly anticipated or are PS high because of the void created by lack of big films during summer due to censorship.  

Release Abominable against another 3 big movies is a very stupid decision... 

6 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

PS for tomorrow at 300m.  This holiday is going to more than double last year.

@firedeep are these films highly anticipated or are PS high because of the void created by lack of big films during summer due to censorship.  

all three are highly anticipated

finally, an exploding October holiday box office. it's good for the market. the bad thing is, it's solely due to propaganda movies. 

Maoyan is forecasting very big numbers for the new 3 releases:

My people, my country: 3.51b Yuan (9.7 rating)

The Captain: 2.08b Yuan (9.4)

The Climbers: 1.40b Yuan (9.4)

The ratings are very high too. Are these numbers realistic? It seems like a CNY period.

56 minutes ago, peludo said:

Maoyan is forecasting very big numbers for the new 3 releases:

My people, my country: 3.51b Yuan (9.7 rating)

The Captain: 2.08b Yuan (9.4)

The Climbers: 1.40b Yuan (9.4)

The ratings are very high too. Are these numbers realistic? It seems like a CNY period.

Those ratings...