A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 hours ago, peludo said:

Maoyan is forecasting very big numbers for the new 3 releases:

My people, my country: 3.51b Yuan (9.7 rating)

The Captain: 2.08b Yuan (9.4)

The Climbers: 1.40b Yuan (9.4)

The ratings are very high too. Are these numbers realistic? It seems like a CNY period.

Maoyan & Taopiao deleted all negative reactions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 2

On 9/29/2019 at 3:16 PM, Steven said:

I think Nezha can't reach 5000m,really hard

Its shows will increase tomorrow. could make a few million a day thru the rest of holiday and leg out to 5000m by end of Oct

7 hours ago, peludo said:

The ratings are very high too. Are these numbers realistic? It seems like a CNY period.

propaganda!

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Maoyan & Taopiao deleted all negative reactions.

welcome back!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

🤮

The evilness of centralization. China has been doing literary inquisition nonstoply for 2000+ years.

7 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Wtf is this country man.....god damn 

deleting negative movie reviews is far from worth mentioning compared to any of the absurd things this sick country has been doing.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

9.5 for Abominable at Maoyan... 

But are they deleting the negative reviews? :thinking:.  

(I assume not, since... why would they? In which case I guess it actually has the best reception if the 4 holiday releases.)

1 hour ago, Xiaoshu said:

Thanks! Looks solid.

Seems that of the 3 films, only the Climbers is genuinely a bad film and the other 2 are actually above average. Even though the scores are similar, you can start seeing the trends in terms of box office and actual word of mouth.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:24 AM, peludo said:

Citizens are likely required to watch these films, similar to what happened in 2017 with the Amazing China documentary. I think the trade war/economic stagnation, and the Hong Kong protest are causing the Chinese Communist Party to reinforce their political rhetoric.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Somoset said:

Citizens are likely required to watch these films, similar to what happened in 2017 with the Amazing China documentary. I think the trade war/economic stagnation, and the Hong Kong protest are causing the Chinese Communist Party to reinforce their political rhetoric.    

that is true. However, meanwhile millions of Chinese people are willing to pay to watch these movies. After decades, brainwashing has reached the point that most people are used to the CCP narrative, and love the CCP-China, thinking they themselves (and China) can not live without CCP.

It is a clear trend that propaganda films are doing better and better in recent few years. The whole country is fastly turnig left.

Edited by firedeep
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, firedeep said:

that is true. However, meanwhile millions of Chinese people are willing to pay to watch these movies. After decades, brainwashing has reached the point that most people are used to the CCP narrative, and love the CCP-China, thinking they themselves (and China) can not live without CCP.

It is a clear trend that propaganda films are doing better and better in recent few years. The whole country is fastly turnig left.

Typical western racism of the early 21st century. "Everyone is stupid and brainwashed by their governments, except us."

@Somoset China's economy is currently growing at over 6%, way faster than US/EU/JPN. The CCP has delivered economic growth previously unimaginable in both scale and rapidity. These are undeniable facts. 

This being a forum dedicated to the global BO, you should give more respect to China and their government. I remember when buying Screen International in the late 90s (the only publication which at the time gave numbers for the BO, beyond the US/UK) There were two pages devoted to the North American BO, and another two pages devoted to the rest of the world, which included all secondary markets (Japan, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia) Back then, Chinese BO numbers did not exist, because no Chinese BO really existed. Now, a short 2 decades later the Chinese BO is directly comparable to that of North America. Let that sink in. 

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

4 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

Typical western racism of the early 21st century. "Everyone is stupid and brainwashed by their governments, except us."Everyone in China is being brainwashed by the government.

@Somoset China's economy is currently growing at over 6%, way faster than US/EU/JPN. The CCP has delivered economic growth previously unimaginable in both scale and rapidity. These are undeniable facts. Without CCP, China could have been more successful in developing economy. Look at SK, Japan. 

This being a forum dedicated to the global BO, you should give more respect to China and their government. I remember when buying Screen International in the late 90s (the only publication which at the time gave numbers for the BO, beyond the US/UK) There were two pages devoted to the North American BO, and another two pages devoted to the rest of the world, which included all secondary markets (Japan, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia) Back then, Chinese BO numbers did not exist, because no Chinese BO really existed. Now, a short 2 decades later the Chinese BO is directly comparable to that of North America. Let that sink in. 

You can make better box office predictions (which kind of movies trend to perform better) only when you have a better understanding of the culture, the public voice and how the country works.

I dont see what's your point. You really think propaganda movies are breaking box office records because they are really good...(?)

China box office is big so respect should be given to the government... ridiculous logic. these are two things unrelated. Your post is actually not even worth commenting. I will leave it there.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, firedeep said:

You can make better box office predictions (which kind of movies trend to perform better) only when you have a better understanding of the culture, the public voice and how the country works.

I dont see what's your point. You really think propaganda movies are breaking box office records because they are really good...(?)

China box office is big so respect should be given to the government... ridiculous logic. these are two things unrelated. Your post is actually not even worth commenting. I will leave it there.

All states do propaganda, both internally and externally, the Chinese did not invent it. When Trump says that CNN et al is fakes news, he is right. What he wants on the other hand, is that CNN et al does the fake news that suit him. Same goes for any other politician, it's just how the world works unfortunately. 

Comparing China to (by comparison) statelets such as Japan or South Korea is disingenuous. China has more than 10 times the population of Japan and almost 30 times the population of South Korea which makes it all the more easier (for the latter) to develop by gaining market share in world trade. Even more importantly, Japan & South Korea have the backing of US/Europe in terms of global trade arrangements, precisely because they are geopolitically useful in containing (ie inhibiting) China. The only comparable country to China in terms of population is India, how does that country compare? The point I was making about the Chinese BO is that China has achieved (in the past 4 decades or so) the most impressive feat of economic development in all of human history, this is an absolute statement of fact. In recent decades the Chinese government has presided over the most astonishing reduction of poverty the world has ever seen. I again emphasize, these are irrefutable facts. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2