A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

If you mean give Godzilla 23th and DOFP 30th meanwhile ... nah, that would be too good for Hollywood in the eye of China Film.

One thing that doesn't change, this game is rigged for the home team, though there are years like 2012 when the hometeam couldn't overcome the lead..

So to figure out this in US$ you divide by approx 6?

Thursday est
Demon.........7.5M.............82M
CA2.............7.0M.............644M
Trans...........6.7M.............95.5M
Rio2............2.7M.............168M

Iceman 3D will have 32k showtimes on Friday,CA2 will maintain 9.5k.,If it make 25M this weekend, it has a shot of 700M yuan finish.

CA2 just keeps chugging along, too bad it's leaving soon.

So currently about $104m with a possible $113m finish.  Doubling Thor 2's $55m and getting w/in $10m of Iron Man 3's $121m.

• Like 5

CA2 just keeps chugging along, too bad it's leaving soon.

So currently about $104m with a possible $113m finish.  Doubling Thor 2's $55m and getting w/in $10m of Iron Man 3's $121m.

Didn't IM3 got 6 weeks of release compared to TTDW and CATWS's 4 weeks ?

• Like 1

Olive, what's the potential for TA2 and TA3? 200M seems very likely for both with continued increase in popularity of MCU. 

I'm going to go ahead and say it won't hit 100m in China.

• Like 1

you don't think TA2 will hit 100m? When IM3 and Cap did?

Wait, are we talking about ASM or The Avengers?  

Sorry, my bad.

Edited by baumer

That would be shockingly bad when TA made 90M+, followed by 121M+ by IM3 and 110M+ by CA2. 

Sorry, I thought we were talking about ASM, not TA....all these acronyms play games with my vision at times.  

Sorry, I thought we were talking about ASM, not TA....all these acronyms play games with my vision at times.  

I fully undertand you, got the same problems sometimes XD But I think with some good marketing effords it might even do as good as TF4 will do (250M) but 200 is more likely

• Like 2

I fully undertand you, got the same problems sometimes XD But I think with some good marketing effords it might even do as good as TF4 will do (250M) but 200 is more likely

I agree TA2 will be absolutely huge  in China could pass Avatars run there IMO.

• Like 1

Iceman ----- 400m~500m (big OW, huge 2nd week, horrible legs after holiday) movie is bad but it's got big cast one of the best dates out there.

The Great Hypnotist ----- 400~500m (someone says it's very good a comedy and it stars Xu Zheng, so ...)

Sounds like both of these are being misleadingly marketed. The marketing for Iceman mostly makes it seem like a straightforward action/fantasy film (it's apparently more of an action comedy) and the marketing for The Great Hypnotist makes it seem like a dour drama.

Word is that today on the OD a severe technical problem has been found in the copy of Iceman. Le Vision is rushing to make new copies for replacement. But audience probably wont even notice or care lol ... since Iceman has already got a horrible 3.2/10 rating on Douban. Many are saying it is just as awful as last year's Switch .... Time to start another negative WOM marketing:rolleyes:

Iceman is being marketed as a Chinese superhero movie. It is said total production and marketing budget for Iceman part one and part two (yes, there is an Iceman part two coming) is 180m and 50m yuan respectively. So they need nearly 700m total box office from the two Iceman movies to make profit. Very tough when the movies are apparently crap.

For The Great Hypnotist, the key word in its advertising compaign is "Mind Buring" ... Lol it's being marketed as a SMART comedy.

This year's May Golden week is really wasted. Revenue will decrease by one third, at least.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

TA3 is too far away to even think about. But if it comes in 2018, even $350m is possible. For TA2, $200m is a good target but I seriously doubt it can make more than TF4, even when TF4 is released one year earlier.

KFP3 probably will win 2015 and beat both TA2 and JP4.  TF5 will win the following year and likely more than double SW7 or WOW, which has $200m+ potential in 2016.

For The Great Hypnotist, the key word in its advertising compaign is "Mind Buring" ... Lol it's being marketed as a SMART comedy.

Subscribing to the "too smart to be funny" school of comedy, I guess. I've been seeing marketing for this out the wazoo (naturally, since my regular theater is a Wanda) and they must be saving all the jokes for the actual film. If anything it looks like it's trying for an Inception vibe.

Edited by Bob Violence