A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

If google translation worked fine I understand that there was some data crush during this weekend in China. And the system's  not completely recovered even by now. Entgroup released wrong numbers, they came to various english web sites and so on. 

Yes, the tracking system always crashes when its holiday or big movies debut.

• Like 1

I just contacted Ent group.  According to ent group, some data were missing since 5th of September.  Therefore, the official numbers for Apes and TE3 from the studios which including BOM and Ent group all will get affected.  Ent group said once they obtain the missing data, they will update the numbers. 

Here is the email response from Ent group,

非常感谢您的来电,

关于刚才电话中沟通的关于艺恩网站发布的数据缺失问题,做以下解答,

恩的数据库系统的数据来源是中国电影专项资金办公室,由于以上问题的出现对官方数据和艺恩数据都造成了影响.

数据恢复后会做修改,请您知晓。

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 2

Where does it say that on Entgroup? The only figure I see on there is $33 million as of the 7th?

I contacted Ent group myself TODAY via email.  According to ent group, some data were missing since 5th of September.  Therefore, the official numbers for Apes and TE3 from the studios which including BOM and Ent group all get affected.  Ent group said once they obtain the missing data, they will update the numbers.

• Like 1

Oh I see and what do the numbers represent because they aren't going through the Google Translate.

Would that be 14 million Yuan on Tuesday and then 306 million Yuan total?

Is that like $2.3 million on Tuesday and $49 million total then?

Edited by scabab
  • Like 1

So it actually did better than estimates suggested and made $47.6 million as of the Monday rather than the $44.5 million?

Ya.

Usually,it takes 3~4 days to get the actual weekend box office number in China.

For example,the estimates number of TF3 is about 600M at the beginning.

But after one week,we found that  TF3's  actual OW box office is about 630M(according to  專資辦) .

• Like 1