A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

SW7 doing well in China has more to do with China getting more in tune with what's popular in the US and less because of a pop star's influence.. you can compare it to Justin Bieber endorsing a movie, it holds little weight with the general public. 

A reality show movie starring Huang Bo might overtake it in a week though. China loves Huang Bo and reality shows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I would not trust cboo or maoyan. Let us wait for update from Olive.

the system must be down, nothing he can do. all portals will have the same issue

I checked my spreadsheet and all movies on all days have increased by 10-15% from 8 to 10am

its gone up just 3m 74m to 77m, should have increased by 7.5-11m. 10am didn't update like many other hours

it should increase 15-20% in the next hour from 77m to 88m+

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

the system must be down, nothing he can do. all portals will have the same issue

I checked my spreadsheet and all movies on all days have increased by 10-15% from 8 to 10am

its gone up just 3m 74m to 77m, should have increased by 7.5-11m. 10am didn't update like many other hours

it should increase 15-20% in the next hour from 77m to 88m+

I think some forums in china will have updates. Or social network(weibo?). Olive has reported numbers outside cboo/maoyan previously.

14 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Beijing is +8 GMT correct?

yup

updated to 87m. 10m in the last hour.

need to see the pace over the next 2 hours but looks like 200m will happen with the data I have.

Hopefully something is a miss and we see larger numbers when estimates come out

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think some forums in china will have updates. Or social network(weibo?). Olive has reported numbers outside cboo/maoyan previously.

Weibo only update at about the same time as Olive aka 10+ pm, GMT +8 However, it made 17.8m yuan yesterday.

http://m.weibo.cn/1864135524/3929140941900817?uicode=10000002&mid=3929140941900817&luicode=10000198&_status_id=3929140941900817&lfid=1076031864135524_-_WEIBO_SECOND_PROFILE_WEIBO&sourcetype=page&lcardid=1076031864135524_-_WEIBO_SECOND_PROFILE_WEIBO_-_3929140941900817

Edited by sgchn40
  • Like 2

Disney only has discount tickets on Gewara.com.The price is very cheap.(only ¥9 each).That's why presale growing So FAST on Gewara.Wonder the special ticket will keep so cheap or just for OD.

According midnight reaction online,Buzz in China is not very strong.Wom might be mixed for most people.So $30M/135M is more possible.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

http://111.205.151.7/movies/0

update once at 21:30

Usually the daily actual is 10~15% ahead of 21:30 est.It's more accurate than Maoyan.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bangbingchan said:

Disney only has discount tickets on Gewara.com.The price is very cheap.(only ¥9 each).That's why presale growing So FAST on Gewara.Wonder the special ticket will keep so cheap or just for OD.

According midnight reaction online,Buzz in China is not very strong.Wom might be mixed for most people.So $30M/135M is more possible.

135m is a 4.5x OD. That's a very low multi. that's very bad WOM