A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

In other news, The Grandmasters is no longer in December, no new date set yet.

Damn, I actually scheduled my flight back to the U.S. on December 21st on the off chance it might actually come out on the 18th. Here's hoping it's a long delay -- if it comes out in January, it probably won't be showing anywhere by the time I get back.

Damn, I actually scheduled my flight back to the U.S. on December 21st on the off chance it might actually come out on the 18th. Here's hoping it's a long delay -- if it comes out in January, it probably won't be showing anywhere by the time I get back.

Word is that it will look for a date post the Cannes. So a long delay for sure.

Sophie Marceau's love drama comedy Un bonheur n'arrive jamais seul will be released on 27th November as a revenue shared imported movie. It is said she will come to China for the promotion this weekend. :)

Posted Image

2012 3D is a buyout movie.

Edited by firedeep

Word is that it will look for a date post the Cannes. So a long delay for sure.

That makes sense. Wong is supposed to be jury president at February's Berlin festival, so I'm a little worried they might do a January release in China and then a out-of-competition international premiere in Berlin. But post-Cannes would probably be better since they could release it in China during the summer import blackout.

I don't think they will delay such a big tentpole film out of December. Studios want to make as much money as possible and Christmas is a very lucrative period.

they have to delay, post-production is still in progress.

That's how Wong Kar-wai works, though. It's always down to the wire with him. Maybe the problem here is that he isn't used to skipping the festival premiere and going straight to wide release. With Cannes it's no problem to finish shooting a week or two before the festival and deliver a print the day before the screening. You can't do that with a big tentpole release and maybe he didn't fully appreciate that.Edit: Just saw the official denial, they're saying it'll be out "this year" but nothing about December 18th. Ugh, I'm gonna miss this, I just know it.

Edited by Bob Violence