A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

The thing is imo the only animated films that would have made more than Minions this year or maybe ever are BH6, TMK and KFP2 which had Chinese/cultural connections so that's why I don't think Western/European films like Prince, IO and Minions will surpass that..

We'll see.s

Well, you can compare what DM2 and Frozen did in China. Both were released in similar dates and both did similar business. You can say that Frozen will gross $370m more OS than IO at the end, but considering exchange rates and the special Japanese Frozen run, Frozen and IO are not so far one from each other. So, why not to think in a similar Minions run for IO? I see it difficult, but who knows...

The thing is imo the only animated films that would have made more than Minions this year or maybe ever are BH6, TMK and KFP2 which had Chinese/cultural connections so that's why I don't think Western/European films like Prince, IO and Minions will surpass that..

We'll see.s

Stand by Me Doraemon did $85m this May.

Little Pince wont do much but IO has potential to be big, after all it did 350m in NA and 800m WW.

Well, you can compare what DM2 and Frozen did in China. Both were released in similar dates and both did similar business. You can say that Frozen will gross $370m more OS than IO at the end, but considering exchange rates and the special Japanese Frozen run, Frozen and IO are not so far one from each other. So, why not to think in a similar Minions run for IO? I see it difficult, but who knows...

Yea I think 50m for IO in China (same as Frozen) is more reasonable. It will be the average of what Kylin (30m) and Firedeep (80m) are saying :)

Yea I think 50m for IO in China (same as Frozen) is more reasonable. It will be the average of what Kylin (30m) and Firedeep (80m) are saying :)

No, I am not saying the same than Frozen. I said that Frozen and DM2 were pretty similar. So, if Minions has grown since one year and a half relative to DM2, a similar phenomenon to Frozen (excluding in Japan) like IO could increase in a similar proportion. I am not saying it will happen. Just that it could.

9.23 Wed 30.5m total....

Congratulations, Mission 5 and Minions, you two just created the lowest single day box office of 2015 (and that is, since Sep 2014 actually) :ph34r: , lowest in the past 365 days. New Year's Eve doesn't count as theaters closed.

:ph34r:

1 billion still doable for MI5, pretty good tally.

No. even 900M is a strench.

Friday showtimes

LiHK 66.7%

The Third Way of Love 13.6%

Minions 6.3%

MI5 6.1%

MI5 and Minions both loses 75% showtimes on Friday, and lose pretty all showtimes next Wed.

• Like 1

No. even 900M is a strench.

Friday showtimes

LiHK 66.7%

The Third Way of Love 13.6%

Minions 6.3%

MI5 6.1%

MI5 and Minions both loses 75% showtimes on Friday, and lose pretty all showtimes next Wed.

MI5 did great and all (The top 2D Hollywood film of all time is great achievement), but I was hoping for it to hit $700m WW. 

Any revised predictions for Antman, Little Prince and IO given the current MI5 and Minions numbers?

Minions under-performing won't affect what future Hollywood movies can do, their performance are decided by their showtimes and competitions. 

• Like 3