A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

50 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If KFP3 is at 930m by the end of Sunday, it will need about 8-9 days more after that to hit 1b.

How long can it stay in the market...Is there a fixed amount weeks a hollywood movie can run?

It is consider a "local/co produced" film in this case so its run can be longer than the traditional 4 weeks. But March 4th Zootopia will be its biggest competitor.. exactly the same genre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

If KFP3 is at 930m by the end of Sunday, it will need about 8-9 days more after that to hit 1b.

How long can it stay in the market...Is there a fixed amount weeks a hollywood movie can run?

It will have 9 days til zootopia after this sunday. May drop to 4m next Monday and do 7m the following sat sun. Could be 30m short when ZT opens. Could leg out. No time limit on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

It is consider a "local/co produced" film in this case so its run can be longer than the traditional 4 weeks. But March 4th Zootopia will be its biggest competitor.. exactly the same genre.

Oh wow. Yes Zootopia will seriously dent KFP's chances of hitting 1b.

10 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

It will have 9 days til zootopia after this sunday. May drop to 4m next Monday and do 7m the following sat sun. Could be 30m short when ZT opens. Could leg out. No time limit on this.

Ok. I thought it would do ~8m next Monday cause it's Monday to Monday drop this time hasn't been that bad.

Yeah with ~4m weekdays next week, 1b looks bleaker.

Edited by a2knet

21 hours ago, a2knet said:

Ok. I thought it would do ~8m next Monday cause it's Monday to Monday drop this time hasn't been that bad.

Yeah with ~4m weekdays next week, 1b looks bleaker.

Just remembered someone saying school is out until Mar 1. 7-8m days possible next week, could be above 10m still. Gets it close. 

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fake said:

It seems Monday was a bit inflated for some reason, and Tuesday is at the "normal" level, i.e. what I projected based on last year trends.

Still 3.29B ($500M) should happen, but 3.5B seems the high-end.

15% drop happened last year. May drop 10-15% thru Friday, then hold flat/bump small sat/sun. 

Panda will hold better due to small show count.

1 hour ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Tuesday est

Mermaid 148M, 2128M

TMK2 46.3M, 863M

Macau3 39.8M, 871M

KFP3 14.5M, 864M

Almost every film has taken over Panda, it will end up the lowests of the "CNY" movies just because of its release date. It could have been the 1st runner up....

Edited by TigerPaw

15 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Almost every film has taken over Panda, it will end up the lowests of the "CNY" movies just because of its release date. It could have been the 1st runner up....

Panda mite beat M3 this sat or sun and will hold better next week. I think it beats M3s total and won't be far behind TMK2.

With TMK2 as direct competition and I assume with 20% screens, it would have opened at 120m on CNY and would've had a similar pattern to TMK2 which would be at a lower total right now. They could both be at 700-800 today. I don't think the difference would be more than 10%. You have to remember, there were 3 more movies tentatively on the schedule when they made this decision. 

Pre-sales were down another 15% early this morning. Same pattern. MM and TMK2 will hold -15% or better. M3 closer to -20%. Panda close to flat

Edited by No Prisoners