A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Hmmmm. -26 theaters today.

For Biden | IT'S OVER | Know Your Meme

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

That is why people have to stay caution about their expectation on China BO. Have to remember, the easing applied to low/medium risk area. That means, high risk area is still highly subjected to lockdown mode. We can only pray the case don't spike so soon, majority of the Chinese still don't see Covid-19 as common flu and panic can kill BO sales easily. 

Coronavirus Pandemic: Beijing restaurants resume dine-in services, but few customers choose to eat out - CGTN

Coronavirus Pandemic: Beijing restaurants resume dine-in services, but few customers choose to eat out

10 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

2022 Netflix Film "The Man from Toronto" scheduled for 23 December release!!!

3c30cb2fgy1h90w9t477wj20u018g4cj.jpg

So that is what it is! I saw the Chinese poster earlier and I blanked on it. I totally forgot it came out this year and I actually saw it...

The overall country % is at 74% but its relatively higher in 80-85% in bigger provinces on East coast, and I believe this is where more and bigger multiplexes are. The Western China has lower ratio of cinemas open. 

Avatar 2 will likely reach 200K+ shows on opening day, normally it would have perhaps gone for 225-250K.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Damn things are getting interesting, will it pass the dollar total of DBS Broly now? 

Nah. SH is quite a ways off from Broly (like 25-30M range iirc) and Broly didn't even make 5M in China, I don't see why this one would make more than that while sandwiched between two uber hyped films and during covid restrictions, even moreso when BD for SH is already out and easy to find online.

Edited by JustLurking

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Nah. SH is quite a ways off from Broly (like 25-30M range iirc) and Broly didn't even make 5M in China, I don't see why this one would make more than that while sandwiched between two uber hyped films and during covid restrictions, even moreso when BD for SH is already out and easy to find online.

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I have SH at $98M. So, most probably will cross $100M with Chinese Release.  And rest is already explained by JL.

Ah for some reason I remember Broly doing 30M in China, I probably confused it with Detective Conan or something else...

Some China First Review Translation:

“A journey with mixed everything, it’s let us understand the meaning of family, The second frame got the super Incredible visual and just let my eyes keep on screen ,and the heart-wrenching third frame can let us witness the emotional explosion of "Alien 2" on the "Titanic"  , a 194-minute movie that seems to be fleeting,At the end, you will sigh while wiping your tears. Oh God That is a what fucking ‘Cameron the God’ ‘s movie magic!”

—迷影至下

“James Cameron must apologize to other director because his movie will let other director think their movie is just a trash,if you let me give Avatar 2 a grades and tell its’s 100/100 system,I will give this one at least one thousand grades,you will believe me when you actually see the film,you can open you mouth and just watch it,this time the movie have three upsurge,when you think it’s over but the fact is not, and give a foreshadowing to the next Avatar 3”

—北京影评人

Edited by Bruce
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3