A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

It seems we have a good certain number of people who are loyal to Hollywood movies. They saw MOS, and saw Thor 2, and will certainly go to see Gravity... That's why those movies always finish the same in B.O. numbers ($50M-$60M).  While movies like IM3 and PR are also welcomed by other non-Hollywood fans, and they finished in higher numbers.

• Like 1

Shocker ! Many of the first wave audience in China found Gravity underwhelming ... reasons given: too simple a story, without depth, not enough explosion and no match to what the advertising suggests ...

There goes the supposed to be great WOM ?

:ph34r: 

Or wait and see.

Edited by firedeep

Shocker ! Many of the first wave audience in China found Gravity underwhelming ... reasons given: too simple a story, without depth, not enough explosion and no match to what the advertising suggests ...

Or wait and see.

Srsly? Now i want the actuals even more. Everybody till today suggested that Gravity will win, this battle going to be interesting.

So will the CF take more screens if this is true?

ooooooooooooooo so now I have to change my opinion abt accessibleness of Gravity :unsure:

BATTLE!

bring it on!n (lol I sound like the bloodthirsty viewers of the HG first film :lol: )

the real winner is EP tho

such great result :wub: go Arnie!

Edited by Leyla

They don't appreciate Sandra Bullock?  :o

Oh well, leaves more room for Catching Fire to steal the thunder and break out.

Sandra Bulllock is not famous in China. Few knows her outside film buffs. So is GC.

Srsly? Now i want the actuals even more. Everybody till today suggested that Gravity will win, this battle going to be interesting.

So will the CF take more screens if this is true?

Let's wait and see. Maybe it will pick up, or both do wel.

Or wait and see.

Weren't this type of underwhelming comments also coming when the LoP shows began? So It would be better to wait and see.

BTW what are you expecting for Gravity and CF?

Weren't this type of underwhelming comments also coming when the LoP shows began? So It would be better to wait and see.

LoP had a slow start but excellent WOM. Many underestimated the film's potential (quite severely in some cases), but I don't recall any indications of weak WOM. That said, it's still pretty early. If the reaction to Gravity is still meh tomorrow and Thursday, then...

Edited by Bob Violence