A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Tuesday

EOT  26.5M 211M

X        8.5M   679M

Godzilla presales on tickets booking site Gewala is pacing ahead of DOFP for 2nd strongest of all time behind IM3. OW screening count likely will set three days record for any Hollywood title. 

There is a solid chance that China helps the monster crawls back to the top spot of overseas weekend box office, considering none of Dragon 2, Maleficent, DOFP or EoT will gross over $40m this weekend.

• Like 5

Tuesday

EOT  26.5M 211M

X        8.5M   679M

Godzilla presales on tickets booking site Gewala is pacing ahead of DOFP for 2nd strongest of all time behind IM3. OW screening count likely will set three days record for any Hollywood title. 

There is a solid chance that China helps the monster crawls back to the top spot of overseas weekend box office, considering none of Dragon 2, Maleficent, DOFP or EoT will gross over $40m this weekend.

OH NO... :sadno:

TuesdayEOT  26.5M 211MX        8.5M   679M Godzilla presales on tickets booking site Gewala is pacing ahead of DOFP for 2nd strongest of all time behind IM3. OW screening count likely will set three days record for any Hollywood title. There is a solid chance that China helps the monster crawls back to the top spot of overseas weekend box office, considering none of Dragon 2, Maleficent, DOFP or EoT will gross over $40m this weekend.

So something like 80/100/85 for the weekend?Or higher?

With that big of an opening weekend for Godzilla I wonder what the final gross will be. Maybe Pacific Rim numbers? Or will it collapse like it did in the rest of its markets? And yay DOFP increased slightly on estimates!

Edited by Skybreaker™

With that big of an opening weekend for Godzilla I wonder what the final gross will be. Maybe Pacific Rim numbers? Or will it collapse like it did it the rest of its markets?

And yay DOFP increased slightly on estimates!

Or will it collapse like it did it the rest of its markets? ;)

So we're looking at a 80% weekend drop for DOFP? Ugh.

Don't think it will be that much. Prob 65% or a bit more I guess. 80% drop means around 9.5m yuan for the weekend which I think can be easily passed.

Chinese websites list weekly totals in their charts instead of weekend only, from what I understand.

Edited by Skybreaker™