A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Yes.Fri-Thurs week will be 90m+. And maybe a 60% drop against Maleficent opening, i.e. 35m 3rd week. So around 380m finish, which means 60m+.

Well i hopes it will make triple time more than Oblivion's $23M....that should be $65-70M...

Of course biggest OD of the year is great but only just ahead of X-Men and Godzilla is exactly the kind of film (like Pacific Rim) that China would be crazy for.

It probably would have made 80M+ OD, if June wasn't so overcrowded.

Warner Bros and Legendary‘s Godzilla roared into the world’s second biggest box office market today with a monstrous $10.9M bow. The Gareth Edwards-directed creature feature is playing on an estimated 9,000 screens, more than a third of the nation’s moviegoing real estate. The bow marks Warner Bros’ biggest opening day of all time in the territory and is the biggest opening day there for 2014, according to the studio. The Lizard opened internationally in May with $103.4M overseas. Its domestic open was $93.1M; in North America it now has a cume of about $187.5M. Internationally, its cume as of last weekend was $208.7M in 63 markets.

China is the penultimate international territory for the film which will bow on July 25 in Japan — from whence the original monster hails. Despite any historical issues between China and Japan, big, broad action sells in China and this film is tipped to play in the Middle Kingdom in a similar manner to last year’s Pacific Rim, which did monster business there of about $112M.

I'm guessing its opening day is almost the same as DOFP? 

DOFP's OD was 68.2m yuan yes? That = $10.981 million

Edited by Skybreaker™

It probably would have made 80M+ OD, if June wasn't so overcrowded.

I second this.

Biggest OD of the year is always disapointing

10.9 million estimated opening day, yeah, that's SO disappointing. Geez....... :D

Godzilla was always supposed to easily outdo CA2 or DOFP in China. No one doubted that it was going to open bigger than the two. But now with that almost same OD as DOFP (yeah, Godzilla was supposed to open signifecently higher than X-men, so it is disappointing that it didnt), it wont touch CA2 or DOFP total due to terrible schedule.

It is now also much closer to summer holidays than May. More than 6 million high school students and many other students now are available on weekdays. They were not when DOFP opened. In other words, Godzilla OD was inflated more than DOFP. Let's dont even bring up the admission comparisons....

• Like 2

I second this.

Godzilla was always supposed to easily outdo CA2 or DOFP in China. No one doubted that it was going to open bigger than the two. But now with that almost same OD as DOFP (yeah, Godzilla was supposed to open signifecently higher than X-men, so it is disappointing that it didnt), it wont touch CA2 or DOFP total due to terrible schedule.

It is now also much closer to summer holidays than May. More than 6 million high school students and many other students now are available on weekdays. They were not when DOFP opened. In other words, Godzilla OD was inflated more than DOFP. Let's dont even bring up the admission comparisons....

If more kids are out, doesn't mean that it'll hold better after it's OW? 

I'm guessing its opening day is almost the same as DOFP? 

DOFP's OD was 68.2m yuan yes? That = $10.981 million

In yuan, yes, 70m is very close to 68.2m.

Lol for some reason, these THR and deadline articles keep saying "CA2 OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014", "DOFP OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014", " Godzilla OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014" .....

Well apparently they are not. Of course they did not know that The Moneky King opened to 120m+ OD. Dad, Where Are We Going also opened to 87m. 

• Like 1

Lol for some reason, these THR and deadline articles keep saying "CA2 OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014", "DOFP OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014", " Godzilla OD is the biggest opening day there for 2014" .....

Well apparently they are not. Of course they did not know that The Moneky King opened to 120m+ OD. Dad, Where Are We Going also opened to 87m. 

LOL Every week I read the same sentence-*insert new movie name*.

Glad to know the The Monke King is the real king of the OD Box Office in China, lol.

I think THR try to say Hollywood films in China...

Edited by Sexercize