A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

aw today # is better!

thx for the numbers guys  :wub: NOW PLEASE HAVE GOOD WOM!

the rating on gewara is steady 8.7 I think its good but we'll see if it remains

(dont remind me od BSniper, I want to unsee that movie :lol:)

Edited by Lady of Lorien

2.25 million admissions for BOFA on its opening day and 47,000 showtimes(not counting midnights showtimes).

39.2 average ticket price because of high IMAX share.

Are you expecting a similar jump on Saturday like what DoS had on it's opening weekend? Remember it having a big Saturday jump.

Made a few observations and calculations. BotFA appears to have opened 67% better than DoS ($8.9m - $14.9m).

So DoS opening day accounted for 27% of it's entire weekend. If BotFA follows the exact same path as DoS it will earn $50-55m this weekend.

That happens, then x8 multiplyer, BotFA will earn $120m in China. Or if potential OW accounts to 44.2% of it's final gross like DoS did, then it earn $125m.

We'll see.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 2

still consider it may have more frontloading than DOS due to the finale factor

I really wonder if the audience is wider for each installment or its just b/c of the market growth/higher prices

Here the audience I feel really grew from LOTR & new younger generation responded pretty well & came to see TH & there was a real bump from DOS imo not just bc of ticket prices (again I may be wrong its just an observation)

(lol I still feel guilty for posting that tweet that caused meltdown -_- )

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1

2014 was the year of $30-40M opening weekends for many Hollywood films (DoS, Cap2, Godzilla, DoFP, GotG), with a few in the $25-30M range and a few in the $40-50M range. This will be the year of $50-60M openings with a few  in the 40s and few in the 60s.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

In comparison, what did DOS make in saturday?

Looking back on this thread it appears DOS did this on opening weekend. Not entirely sure if those DoS numbers were the actuals, or estimates. If so, not as good a bump % wise as DOS. Though the estimates for BotFA could change, they changed from 81y to 93y this morning, so Saturdays could potentially change.

Friday - 57.45m yuan

Saturday - 80.41m yuan +39.9%

Sunday - 62m yuan - 22%

BotFA (est)

Friday - 93m yuan

Saturday - 117m yuan +25.8%

Sunday - 91m yaun (my prediction with current sat estimates)

OW BotFA = 301m yuan (my prediction) - $48m

Though maybe BotFA won't have as big a drop on Sunday than DoS, as DoS had a real big jump.

EDITED %

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 4

Looking back on this thread it appears DOS did this on opening weekend. Not entirely sure if those DoS numbers were the actuals, or estimates. If so, not as good a bump % wise as DOS. Though the estimates for BotFA could change, they changed from 81y to 93y this morning, so Saturdays could potentially change.

Friday - 57.45m yuan

Saturday - 80.41m yuan +28.5%

Sunday - 62m yuan

BotFA (est)

Friday - 93m yuan

Saturday - 117m yuan +21%

Sunday - 91m yaun (my prediction with current sat estimates)

OW BotFA = 301m yuan (my prediction) - $48m

Um... DOS jumped close to 40% and BOFA 26% (according to early estimates). Math? ;)