A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

300m is locked

300m in China? You really think it's possible guys? That still seems a bit high, 250m would be wonderful already.

If FF7 can do that then The Avzengers 2 can reach 300m for sure!

and the US only has a population of 350million or so.

The "only" is weird, it's the third most populated country after all, it's not a small population in any way.

300m in China? You really think it's possible guys? That still seems a bit high, 250m would be wonderful already.

If FF7 can do that then The Avzengers 2 can reach 300m for sure!

The "only" is weird, it's the third most populated country after all, it's not a small population in any way.

Most probably AOU OD 1/3 of F7

Well, with only 66 million inhabitants my country still has a bigger GDP than India :P

So do most countries, but then you sort the list by Purchasing Power Parity and France drops way down and India comes to third. The rupee is one of the best currencies in terms of purchasing power, 20 rupees (i.e. 40 cents) can get you into a movie theater to watch a movie still.

1/3??? It's more popular as a franchise, I see it doing a bigger OD than FF7. It's The Avengers we're talking about!

Avengers opens Tuesday, It's final total will be hit badly by the fact that it is a midweek opening and has no holidays. FF7 gets the May Day holiday boost as well.

So do most countries, but then you sort the list by Purchasing Power Parity and France drops way down and India comes to third. The rupee is one of the best currencies in terms of purchasing power, 20 rupees (i.e. 40 cents) can get you into a movie theater to watch a movie still.

Avengers opens Tuesday, It's final total will be hit badly by the fact that it is a midweek opening and has no holidays. FF7 gets the May Day holiday boost as well.

I never use the PPP numbers, it's just created to make other countries feel better, the nominal number is the only real measure because you can't use the size of your population to "cheat"

Sad for Avengers 2 but I still have some hope..

Most probably AOU OD 1/3 of F7

FF7 OD has taught us, you never know with predictions. Most had FF7 around 150M and now it's looking at total well over 200M and potentially near 250M. With BO, you never know. If AoU has massive opening week, with weak comp it can make serious money in China. 

1/3??? It's more popular as a franchise, I see it doing a bigger OD than FF7. It's The Avengers we're talking about!

FF7 will win the OD since we're comparing Sunday to Tuesday but FF7 faces a lot more competition compared to AoU so their final total will be close. Both should be over 200M. 

I never use the PPP numbers, it's just created to make other countries feel better, the nominal number is the only real measure because you can't use the size of your population to "cheat"

So any indicator that does not validate your worldview is invalid? Not starting a fight, just interested to know why you consider PPP as an invalid number. I honestly have always gone on PPP as it tells you how far your money can take you in any country.

Edited by grim22

FF7 OD has taught us, you never know with predictions. Most had FF7 around 150M and now it's looking at total well over 200M and potentially near 250M. With BO, you never know. If AoU has massive opening week, with weak comp it can make serious money in China.

I have no doubt AOU will have a great run. But too much to expect it to break any opening records. Its 1st sat/sun will be the biggest days.

I come from India, anything below a billion is a small population :)

And how's that cricket going for you?

23,786,417 is all you need.

Oh, and these numbers for China are nuts.

Edited by DeeCee

The best case for Avengers 2 OD is 50% of FF7, assuming its OD is around 270M yuan. Good news for TA2 is it got no competition in its following two weeks! And its 6-day OW is gonna be massive, buzz isno weaker than FF7.