A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 minute ago, firedeep said:

according to premiere reactions, Rampage is going to explode.

Id love to see that! Would really bode well for both JW: Fallen Kingdom and especially Godzilla 2 next year.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

It needs to. Presales are very low

Release date will help, tremendously and IW is pushed back even further plus May day holiday will help. As long as 9+ rating 1B+ is possible.

• Astonished 1

If I'm looking it right, the market share of RPO was almost the same on its highest day last week (58.7%) and the lowest, "disappointing" Sunday (58.8%).

I don't know much about CBO but perhaps the low Sunday doesn't illustrate saturated demand or video game ceiling, but just followed the holiday pattern for China last week.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

If I'm looking it right, the market share of RPO was almost the same on its highest day last week (58.7%) and the lowest, "disappointing" Sunday (58.8%).

I don't know much about CBO but perhaps the low Sunday doesn't illustrate saturated demand or video game ceiling, but just followed the holiday pattern for China last week.

great observation, it did look worse than it was. today will be down 50% WoW, not bad in the era of -85% but not 33% or better as we thought based on that first Saturday blow up. The first tuesday drop of 12% did indicate the trajectory was normalizing unlike Zoo, Dangal, Coco etc which stayed aloft. Lets see if it can hold -12% or better tomorrow

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, firedeep said:

(early) PS these days can be useless.

Do we really expect great reviews and great WOM?. Thats the only thing that can change that to something good

31 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Do we really expect great reviews and great WOM?. Thats the only thing that can change that to something good

“The Fast and Furious Monsters”. KONG was child's play, compared with Rampage.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

LOL, I didn't know what Rampage was until they played spots during TWD cause Neegan is in the movie. What is that insanity? It's like every B movie rolled in one with the Rock as the star! So it's actually good? 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, I didn't know what Rampage was until they played spots during TWD cause Neegan is in the movie. What is that insanity? It's like every B movie rolled in one with the Rock as the star! So it's actually good? 

That's like the majority of The Rock's movies. Most of the the time they are entertaining so not surprised by the early reactions in U.S and China. 

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

That's like the majority of The Rock's movies. Most of the the time they are entertaining so not surprised by the early reactions in U.S and China. 

I always wanted to see one of those Sy Fy Movie of the Week (Giant Crock, Giant Shark, Giant Snake Giant Animal vs Giant Animal) made as a big budget blockbuster with a major star and this is it. Sold! Don't know how this flew under my radar. Plus Naomi Harris is in it. :wub:

Edited by Valonqar