A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

$15m...Total? :o It's not a little pessimistic? :(China can do better than that :o

Nah, about $15M (100M yuan) is already the new Disney animation record in China. Disney biggest animation here is still The Lion King in 1995 with about 41M yuan $4.9M. Biggest Pixar animation is TS3 with 110m yuan.Better news is tha Rise of the Guardians will definitely bomb here (I see $8M top for that one ...)

Nah, about $15M (100M yuan) is already the new Disney animation record in China. Disney biggest animation here is still The Lion King in 1995 with about 41M yuan $4.9M.Biggest Pixar animation is TS3 with 110m yuan.Better news is tha Rise of the Guardians will definitely bomb here (I see $8M top for that one ...)

I see, but I hope for a surprise :) 谢谢!

China prices skyrocket at AFM

http://www.screendaily.com/5048659.article

Chinese distributors say Lionsgate is asking $8m for Chinese rights to Wally Pfister’s Transcendence, set to star Johnny Depp, while Nu Image is asking a whopping $15m for Expendables 3.

Lily Jiang, vice president of acquisitions for China’s Bona Film Group, says some films are now being priced at $3m for Chinese rights, but the average is around $1m. “A few years ago it was only $100,000. But it’s difficult to get a quota slot, especially now there are so many buyers in the market.”

Will China finally open up to Hollywood?

After years of strict regulation, a Chinese movie mogul says new party leaders are keen on the idea

http://www.salon.com...p_to_hollywood/

I would love to but just cant see how that can actually happen.

The country is still banning Facebook/twitter/youtube/google...

Will China finally open up to Hollywood?

After years of strict regulation, a Chinese movie mogul says new party leaders are keen on the idea

http://www.salon.com...p_to_hollywood/

That would be great. Xi Jinping, next Chinese leader, spent a part of his life in the US and likes Hollywood, so it's perfectly possible.

Huayi's power can't be denied. So 1942 is lucky being made by Huayi. While "The Last Supper" was almost killed by SARFT, being delayed for 5 months, huge loss for SMI. :(Any movie delayed or censored by SARFT must be a good movie. The Last supper just joins my watching list. :)

If the ministry specifys exactly what they tolerate in a movie (sex, violence, politcal message), that would help a lot.

You know what, SARFT can't even tolerate a bad policeman existing in a movie. The Chinese Police must be an embodiment of Justice, their image can't be damaged, blablabla.SARFT is the biggest destroyer of local movies on the earth.
  • Like 1