Impact

Oldest film you have seen

What is it for you? I'm guessing King Kong. I have seen parts of silent films.(Of course there is the famous film from 1902-A Trip to the Moon that most people have seen, but that really does not count I guess)

I'm not even going to act like I know the answer to this question... lolIf I had to throw out an answer, Snow White?? :wacko:

Yeah, the question should be: What is the oldest movie -- feature length -- you have seen and enjoyed and still remember?This would be Chaplins Gold Rush (1925) for me.

The movie Impact mentioned -- King Kong -- is also something that you could catch on TV until some years ago.At least on german TV. I watch a lot of stuff on TV. The oldest movie that probably still has lots of re-runs here is probably still Casablanca. (Only after midnight of course.)

Of course, but that's no feature movie, it was just a six reeler... ;)One of my favourites.

Ah, you caught me there!Although, it packs the emotional punch of a feature!So, I have to ask... When you talk about the Gold Rush, are you talking about the original, completely silent version with piano music or the version with Chaplin's narration and new score?

Ah, you caught me there!Although, it packs the emotional punch of a feature!So, I have to ask... When you talk about the Gold Rush, are you talking about the original, completely silent version with piano music or the version with Chaplin's narration and new score?

I HATE Chaplins new version he delivered in the 50ies or so. The original is so much better IMO.Actually, as much as I love him, he butchered a few of his movies with new cuts and music and so on.

I HATE Chaplins new version he delivered in the 50ies or so. The original is so much better IMO.Actually, as much as I love him, he butchered a few of his movies with new cuts and music and so on.

I couldn't agree more. I've actually never watched the new version of The Gold Rush all the way through. Plus, I believe the ending is changed and I love the original ending.I wish he hadn't cut so much out of The Kid, but his new musical score totally made up for it IMO.