Impact

Oldest film you have seen

The oldest movies I've seen are The Gold Rush (Charlie Chaplin, 1925) and Go West (Buster Keaton, 1925). Many years ago there was a channel that showed really old movies in the wee hours in the morning, Chaplin, Keaton, the Stooges,  Abbott and Costello and more. I really wish now I'd caught more of them.

Regardless of how ignorant they were in those days, BOAN is certainly super important in modern film history due to its advancement of the medium. But, yes, it's nigh unwatchable, especially in parts.

The film was a massive hit back in those days as well and was popular for decades. 

Trip to the Moon, 1902. Good stuff, homage paid in Hugo.

Yes, Hugo was definitely a film that made me want to see some older films.

• Like 1

Of course, but that's no feature movie, it was just a six reeler... Posted Image

One of my favourites.

It most certainly is a feature film. especially back in 1921.

Any film above 40 minutes is considered a feature film for awards and festival consideration.

Yep A Trip to the Moon! Which for those of you who have seen Around the World in 80 Days (the old one from the 1950s) will have seen that classic!

Or if you have seen Hugo :P (granted I said this before Hugo came out ;))

Wait you have never seen a film made before 1983??? Really?

Seriously. People have never seen Snow White or Cinderella or Bambi or Wizard Of Oz? Sound Of Music?

So you have never seen a older kids film even? I'm sure you have but you don't remember it. ;)

Or at the very least, Star Wars???? ET? Rocky? Jaws? Some old Bond film?

It boggles my mind that there are people who would bother to post on a movie forum without having seen such basic movie classics.

• Like 1

Seriously. People have never seen Snow White or Cinderella or Bambi or Wizard Of Oz? Sound Of Music?

Or at the very least, Star Wars???? ET? Rocky? Jaws? Some old Bond film?

It boggles my mind that there are people who would bother to post on a movie forum without having seen such basic movie classics.

Mary Poppins? Sound of Music? Wizard of Oz?Dang didn't you  guys ever see a old film in school?