A Marvel Fanboy

The Legend of Tarzan | July 1, 2016 | From Director David Yates | First Trailer on Page 19

This looks like it could be good. I think somewhere in the $100 million range is possible for this movie. The only issue is Jungle Book might be too similar and that movie looks better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jungle Book>This

Jungle Book has more nostalgia going for it because it relates more to the original animation, this has a hercules vibe more than Alice 

18 minutes ago, Intensive said:

Jungle Book>This

Jungle Book has more nostalgia going for it because it relates more to the original animation, this has a hercules vibe more than Alice 

I could see this doing Hercules #s.

The Rock one. Not the Lutz one.

5 hours ago, James said:

This seems to be gettin a great reaction everywhere. Dunno what some of you guys are talking about.

It's not an established Brand from Disney or Universal, therefore FLOP!

• Like 2

Jungle Book looks like a great family film.

Tarzan looks like a great movie to watch on drugs.

Each has a time and place.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

Got tickets for this tonight, hopefully one of my two buddies can join me. Don't wanna miss it.

Please report back!

• Like 1

Is anyone actually expecting this to open in July? Has anyone even seen the trailer before any movies?

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Is anyone actually expecting this to open in July? Has anyone even seen the trailer before any movies?

Yea, my theatre has played it quite a bit. Finest Hours, Dirty Grandpa of all things, and I think even The Revenant.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

That is up to theater not the studio. 

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I saw this movie like...over a year ago.i doubt they're pushing it back...it's been in the can a long time.

So yes, it's...underperforming in July (that being said, I enjoyed it...decent, but not amazing entertianment).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

I saw this movie like...over a year ago.i doubt they're pushing it back...it's been in the can a long time.

So yes, it's...underperforming in July (that being said, I enjoyed it...decent, but not amazing entertianment).

Did they just sit on it or have done massive reshoots or fx?

On 12/10/2015 at 10:28 AM, moviesRus said:

But does this actually look FUN to you? Cause this trailer makes it seem quite self-serious, grim and quite honestly, felt very off the mark tonally of what a Tarzan movie should be.

On 12/10/2015 at 11:01 PM, Kalo said:

I was hoping it would be serious to be honest, unfortunately it looks like some things may too be corny to take seriously though. (like that last shot with Tarzan going out against the ape fists out). 

On 12/10/2015 at 9:10 PM, ShouldIBeHere said:

It looks kind of okay... but so damn self-serious. Men vs. Nature vs. Nature.

Not sure Tarzan combined with a Planet of the Apes wipe will sell this.

I would just like to point out that the original Tarzan novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs were quite dark (and Tarzan did fight apes in them) and the reaction I've seen from long-time Edgar Rice Burroughs fans everywhere, even some of the more hardcore ones, has been like 99% positive. Most of them feel that, judging by just that trailer and also everything that's been revealed regarding the plot and the character of Tarzan in the film, the movie is actually much closer in tone and feel to the original novels and they feel it seems much more faithful to the original novels than any of the other Tarzan movies that came before it - despite it being an original story that is not based on any of the novels.

On 12.12.2015 at 2:45 AM, Intensive said:

Jungle Book>This

Jungle Book looked alright until the animals started talking. :sick:

I'm also not sure about the kid...

Tarzan looks okay, kinda liked the trailer.

Move over Eva. This one has dat Margot Robbie effect. The trailer is amazeballs.

Hope it comes close to 150m but that seems optimistic.

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Jungle Book looked alright until the animals started talking. :sick:

I'm also not sure about the kid...

Tarzan looks okay, kinda liked the trailer.

Yeah, honestly, I thought most of the voice acting in The Jungle Book sounded completely strange and out of place, especially Christopher Walken and Scarlett Johansson. I also don't think the effects or cinematography looks good whereas the cinematography in Legend of Tarzan actually looks pretty great and the CGI, at least for the apes, looks almost finished.

19 hours ago, fmpro said:

Did they just sit on it or have done massive reshoots or fx?

The effects weren't done but seems like they've been holding on it a bit for a summer date.  

• Like 2

Sorry guys! I didn't go, my two buddies bailed, so I went early and the line was already super full and my odds weren't great and I didn't have the patience to go through the process of waiting over an hour outside then loading, phone check, wait in the theater so I went home to edit and watch True Grit. 

Just listen to kowhite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Salahi said:

Sorry guys! I didn't go, my two buddies bailed, so I went early and the line was already super full and my odds weren't great and I didn't have the patience to go through the process of waiting over an hour outside then loading, phone check, wait in the theater so I went home to edit and watch True Grit. 

Just listen to kowhite. 

Do you have any idea if there will be more test screenings?