baumer

Jane Got a Gun (Portman/McGregor) | February 2016 sometime | Weinstein is actually going to release it (maybe).

Bizarre complications. Director Lynn Ramsey has left the project..... by deciding not to show up on the first day of shooting.

http://collider.com/lynne-ramsey-jane-got-a-gun-drops-out/

There has to be a reason for this. Lynne Ramsay is a pretty good director and I can't believe she did this the way the article made it sound. There must have been some prior disputes with the producers and the producers appear to be the source for this story.

There has to be a reason for this. Lynne Ramsay is a pretty good director and I can't believe she did this the way the article made it sound. There must have been some prior disputes with the producers and the producers appear to be the source for this story.

I agree that there's got to be more to the story. Still, barring some sort of personal emergency or medical issue, this is not the way to deal with things.

What half decent director is gonna want to have to jump in on this one right at the last minute? Maybe Portman should direct it!

Any decent director the studio wants has the leverage. Leverage for what I don't know, but leverage of some sort.

I haven't changed my mind on this. A good director like Ramsay just doesn't decide not to show up. There is more going on behind the scene and we are only getting one side of the story.

That's true. It's very important for Ramsay to find a way to get her story out to the press... and soon. Otherwise this'll be horribly damaging.

I just woke up to this news and have no idea what to make of it. Ramsay is an effing brilliant filmmaker and I've never heard anything about her being hard to work with - I'm sure something out of the ordinary must have happened in order for her to do something like this, otherwise what the hell? And when I read that she "dropped out", does that mean she actually contacted them afterwards to say "F you, I'm out" and it wasn't just a case of some extreme personal emergency? Is her directing the film entirely out of the question now? Did she contact the producer or anyone at all to offer any sort of private explanation and/or apology? The mind lingers.