The Creator

3.5 "The Road to Glory"

Election  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to have as our Special Week-Long host for Box Office Alliance Season 3? (You may have to press "delete my vote" if you voted in Poll 1. Poll 2 is to determine who wins.)

• Gopher
    • ShawnMR

Welcome to the second quarter of the season. This will be the first episode where everyone is on a team. For details on how the last four players will be matched onto teams, see Episode 4 thread. Meanwhile, we will be having our vote this week for what forum member we would like to see host a special edition of Box Office Alliance on the week of my choosing. Stay tuned for more information on that.

And of course, here is our game for the week:

Season 3, Game 5

Deadline: Friday, November 8 at 4:00 P.M. Eastern (3:00 P.M. Central) - note, this is a later deadline than usual

1. Predict the difference in opening weekend grosses between Skyfall (2012) and Quantum of Solace (2008) - made 67.53 million in its opening weekend

2. Predict Skyfall's Saturday gross

3. Predict Wreck-It Ralph's Friday percent drop from last Friday

4. Predict Wreck-It Ralph's second weekend gross

5. Predict Flight's second weekend gross

6. Predict Argo's weekend percent drop

Edited by The Creator

For everyone who has not selected a person, please if you wish to do so, do so by Sunday. I will be putting the ballot up by Sunday or Monday with the Special Host to be revealed this week. The Special Host will be in charge for a week long special event, and I have discussed it with several of the proposed candidates so far, many of whom have shown interest. These are well-respected and well-liked members from across the forum who previously had no involvement with Box Office Alliance but who are willing to dedicate a little bit of time one week in the near future to run an exciting week for you guys here at Box Office Alliance and do things beyond my powers as regular host. Full participation is greatly desired for this honorable and exciting event.

Should have a score in the mid to high 90s this week depending on how good or bad :( actuals go. ;)

EDIT: And they went not so well :P About a 93.

Wish I could say the same... Argo and Flight screwed me over -.- Also didn't expect such a steep Friday drop for Wreck-It Ralph.

I should end up somewhere around 80...:(

Wish I could say the same... Argo and Flight screwed me over -.- Also didn't expect such a steep Friday drop for Wreck-It Ralph.

I should end up somewhere around 80... :(

I was fairly accurate on Argo until the Actuals came in. It was estimated at 33.9 and i had 33.1, but then actuals dropped it down to 35.2.

The first two confirmed nominees come from our prestigious admin body. These two individuals were chosen by a few players, and therefore were considered for nomination. Both confirmed that they wanted to be in the running, and so their names are placed on the ballot. These two individuals are both really well-known across the board and are very well-respected. Please welcome these two prestigious candidates. They are...

SHAWN MR!

And

IMPACT!

The next few candidates will be revealed momentarily.

Edited by The Creator

The next candidate has never participated in the Box Office Alliance games. However, he is a powerfully well-known force across the boards. He may have participated in other games, although I'm not certain of his statistics if he has. However, I do know he is very well respected and one of the most recognizeable forum regulars. He is

GOPHER!

Our fourth candidate was chosen by a few players for his saucy flavor. He is another recognizeable regular, especially in the games section. He did participate briefly in Season 1 of Box Office Alliance but not for long. However, he is one of the star players of games like Survivor, and he is well liked and greatly appreciated. He is...

SPAGHETTI!

And lastly, our fifth and final nominee is a well-known forum regular. He is a veteran of Box Office Alliance, a very missed player. He accomplished a magnificent feat in the first season. Known as The Challenge King, this regular has set a precedent that has yet to be topped, winning the most Challenges in a single season. Yet away from our home here, this member has carved a big name for himself after winning Baumer's Summer Game. I'm talking, of course, about...

FAKE!

I'm glad to have all of you with us for this process. We will now be voting on which of the five selected candidates we would like to have as our special one week host at a week to be determined.

"The Road to Glory" - Game 3.5

And at last, after five long weeks, all members have been sorted into teams. "The Towering Tools" became the last team. Veterans Totem and JackO, both of whom made it to the Final Five in Season 2, have joined forces on the last team to be formed from this season's batch of players. Can the two star veterans keep up their streaks from last season?

We are now getting into the next stage of the season. This is another exciting quarter. The next few episodes will feature some surprise changes from the usual format of Box Office Alliance, but we've seen that already this season when partner selection lasted four weeks. This week, we begin with the election for a Special Host, who will host the game for one week and make whatever rules and changes he wishes in that short period. The special week will be revealed later this week, and so will the winner of the election. Five presitigious forum members have been selected to the ballot, but there will be two stages of the ballot. In the first stage, we have the five already mentioned members: Fake, Spaghetti, Impact, Gopher, and ShawnMR. The two members who receive the most votes will move on to the second ballot, which will open on Wednesday. We need all votes on the first ballot before that deadline. At the second ballot, those two candidates will square off, and the one who receives the majority vote will win and be declared our week-long Special Host at the time of my choosing.

But more surprises will come. For now, let's focus on this week. It was an excellent week. The teams scored much better than they have been doing over the past few weeks. It was also a brutally close one for the top spot. "Rich Boy Swag" crowned first. The team, composed of RichWS and riczhang, was the first team to form this season. Close behind was "The FireEaters", composed of Alfred and Xeno. "The FireEaters" have been prominent so far this season. And in third place was "Dracula's Minions", a team composed of DoctorWho and newcomer ChD, who has kind of exploded on the scene so far this season and continues to impress.

Let's take a look at the scores.

THE ANNIHILATORS

Cjohn: 79.96% -1 (-1 below average)

Goffe: 77.15% -1 (-1 below average)

AVG: 78.56% -2

DRACULA'S MINIONS

ChD: 82.98% 0 (+1 80%+, -1 below average)

DoctorWho: 86.81% +5 (+1 5th individual, +1 3rd team, +2 85%+, +1 above average)

AVG: 84.90% +5 (IMMUNE)

THE FIREEATERS

Alfred: 90.94% +10 (+3 3rd individual, +2 2nd team, +3 90%+, +1 above average, +1 highest Question 1)

XenoZodiac: 88.47% +8 (+2 4th individual, +2 2nd team, +2 85%+, +1 above average, +1 highest Question 4)

AVG: 89.71% +18 (IMMUNE)

ICE ICE BAUMY

Baumer: 85.85% +3 (+2 85%+, +1 above average)

Iceroll: 83.62% 0 (+1 80%+, -1 below average)

AVG: 84.74% +3

RICH BOY SWAG

RichWS: 93.87% +13 (+5 1st individual, +3 1st team, +3 90%+, +1 above average, +1 highest Question 5)

riczhang: 92.93% +13 (+4 2nd individual, +3 1st team, +3 90%+, +1 above average, +1 highest Question 2, +1 highest Question 6)

AVG: 93.40% +26 (IMMUNE)

THE SHADOWKILLERS

Acsc1312: 80.31% +1 (+1 80%+, +1 highest Question 5, -1 below average)

CEDAR: 80.31% +1 (+1 80%+, +1 highest Question 5, -1 below average)

AVG: 80.31% +2

THE TOWERING TOOLS

JackO: 66.62% +2 (+3 won Challenge 4, -1 below average)

Totem: 84.21% +7 (+3 won Challenge 4, +1 80%+, +1 above average, +1 highest Question 3, +1 highest Question 4)

AVG: 75.42% +9

AVERAGE: 83.86%

THE CHALLENGE - Week 5 Information

"Rich Boy Swag" (RichWS and Riczhang) gets to choose a Challenge this week. If they choose The Challenge (option 1) they must rank all eligible members, even those on teams (each player on a team must be ranked separately). The players who are immune this week: Alfred, ChD, DoctorWho, and XenoZodiac.

The price of immunity is +5 points this week.

Here are the available Challenge options:

1. The Challenge (Two players compete; the lower-scoring player is eliminated)

2. The Creator Challenge (Challenge me. You can set the rules, but I set the consequences. Example: you want to double your point count; if you win you get twice your current points; if I win, you lose all your points.)

3. Sudden Death Challenge (NEW) (You select one player for this Challenge, and there are no immunities. You and that player go head-to-head. If you win, he is eliminated. If he wins, you are eliminated.)

Point totals will be updated hopefully tomorrow. Go ahead and specify how many immunities you'd be willing to buy though. You may be able to afford 2 or more, so you may wish to buy as many as you can. Rememeber, those that aren't necessary will not be deducted from your points, so if you specify that you want 2 but you only need 1, only the 5 points for 1 immunity will be taken.