CJohn

Hotel Transylvania 2 (September 25, 2015)

‘Hotel Transylvania’ TV Series in Development at Sony

Welcome to the “Hotel Transylvania” TV series: Sony Pictures Animation and Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana are developing an animated small-screen show based on the Adam Sandler-lead feature films.

The TV series will focus on the teenage years of Dracula’s daughter, Mavis, and her friends. The episodic animated monster comedy will be developed and produced by Nelvana Studio in Toronto and is slated to launch on air in early 2017.

Selena Gomez voices Mavis in the films, but casting for the TV series has yet to be announced.

Looks Interesting. Sony was smart enough to wait until after making the second movie to do a series, unlike DWA who make shows right after a first movie.

• Like 1

The first HT broke the September OW record, and still holds it. It ended up having a 3.48 multiplier, and made 148m DOM.

HT has found a bigger audience over the years on home video, so I'm expecting the sequel to grow.

There is more kiddy competition with Goosebumps and Pan but animation wise, it has a month to itself until Peanuts.

Considering that Genndy managed to get the film made in less than a year and it turned out okay, HT2 can only improve since they've had more time. 

• Like 1

There is more kiddy competition with Goosebumps and Pan but animation wise, it has a month to itself until Peanuts.

Considering that Genndy managed to get the film made in less than a year and it turned out okay, HT2 can only improve since they've had more time. 

Those two movies won't be much competition. Goosebumps is so 1990s, and Pan... well the last live action Peter Pan film did pretty terrible. ;)

• Like 2

The first HT broke the September OW record, and still holds it. It ended up having a 3.48 multiplier, and made 148m DOM.

HT has found a bigger audience over the years on home video, so I'm expecting the sequel to grow.

Me too and especially overseas.

:)

Saw the first one a few hours ago. First 20 minutes or so got a lot of laughs from me but the rest of the movie was kinda hit-and-miss. The emotional beats while decently set up didn't really stick the landing and while some jokes worked others fell flat. I enjoyed it for what it is, but I kinda wish it had more focus.

That song just before the end credits was painful though.

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 1

Saw the first one a few hours ago. First 20 minutes or so got a lot of laughs from me but the rest of the movie was kinda hit-and-miss. The emotional beats while decently set up didn't really stick the landing and while some jokes worked others fell flat. I enjoyed it for what it is, but I kinda wish it had more focus.

That song just before the end credits was painful though.

Considering they only had less than a year to start from scratch. I think they did quite well.

• Like 1