Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Oh, I know.  It did ok in Japan but nothing special.  

I rewrote the comment like 5 times trying to work out a "We're huge in Japan" joke, and that was the closest I could get.   :(

Edited by Wrath

Not notably. Combined with the fact that PR plays like the third film in a trilogy and literally wrapped up the story this film is beyond unnecessary.

It does not play like a trilogy. It plays like a movie that wrapped up its plot. The goal of every movie. 

Does Star Wars: A New Hope play like a trilogy? 

Del Toro Interview:http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-guillermo-del-toro-talks-crimson-peak-pacific-rim-2/#/1

I want it to be different enough to the first one that you don’t feel you’re seeing the same movie. I’m doing a little more location-oriented stuff, there are night battles, but there are also daylight battles. The things we do in the action scenes is very different from the first one. We are expanding the mythology of the Anteverse. We are taking the characters into a completely different journey this time because Raleigh for me solved his problem the minute he was able to go full circle and save Mako by sacrificing himself, which is what he couldn’t do with his brother. He’s not on that journey anymore, he’s on a new journey.

:D
  • Like 2