Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

^Yeah, looking back, maybe I shouldnt have.

But still though, after all the speculation of whether Pacific Rim sequel rumors would go anywhere in the first place, and the subsequent announcements of a release date, comics and (probably now canceled) animated series..it just seemed like such a triumph for the people who wanted to see them go somewhere else with the universe.

But anyway, what's done is done but I'll just keep hoping for the best.

If you guys are happy with the recent developments, I'm cool with that as well.

Edited by kaijukurt

From the article about Fantastic Voyage: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guillermo-del-toro-talks-direct-852592

With Pacific Rim 2 shelved, Guillermo del Toro is actively seeking his next project and could follow up his Gothic romance Crimson Peak by going small in a really big way.

Del Toro was to have followed up Crimson Peak with Pacific Rim 2, a sequel to his Legendary Pictures mechas-versus-monsters 2013 pic. However, that project was taken off the release schedule, initially for more development. But sources now say the sequel is off the table indefinitely, leaving del Toro wide open to choose his next project.

Another factor that could impact Pacific Rim 2 plans is the imminent acquisition of Legendary by Wanda, the Chinese conglomerate. Pacific Rim did more business in China than anywhere else in the world, including the U.S., and it could spur on the development of the follow-up.

• Like 2

It's funny how giant monster films like Cloverfield and Pacific Rim become just little "rifts" in the world of giant monster films. It will and always will be about Godzilla and King Kong with these types of films.

Edited by Cookson

15 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Wonder if it'll get new life, thanks to the acquisition of Legendary by Wanda.

Yeah, this was a really good move by Tull and LP. It helps them with some extra $$$. I wouldn't think it'll hurt their future projects like Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs Kong... at least I hope not.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/02/pacific-rim-2-directed-by-steven-deknight-spartacus-creator-legendary-pictures-guillermo-del-toro-1201708221/

Apparently PR2 is still in development, and it's going to be directed by Steven DeKnight...

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1