Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Just now, Valonqar said:

It's gonna bomb spectacularly with or without him. 

Yes, but with him I would've actually paid for the movie so it would've bombed a bit less spectacularly:P The first Pac Rim was the first movie I've seen in IMAX. And I LOVED it. When it got a sequel I was so happy. And then they drop Hunnam and bring Boyega, which has about as much charisma as a rock.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James said:

Yes, but with him I would've actually paid for the movie so it would've bombed a bit less spectacularly:P The first Pac Rim was the first movie I've seen in IMAX. And I LOVED it. When it got a sequel I was so happy. And then they drop Hunnam and bring Boyega, which has about as much charisma as a rock.  

Hollywood is deluding themselves if they think he's the next Will Smith. Big Willy is such effortless charisma and charm. This guy is trying way too hard on and off the screen.

Hunnam is reportedly terrific in Lost City of Z and so is the movie. It was shown at some festival so he doesn't need this cash gab. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

They didn't bring back Hunnam so I hope this bombs spectacularly. 

Hunnam was absolutely terrible in that movie, but the entire movie was terrible so not surprising.  

I think I hated the first movie more than any movie in the last 10 years that was a supposedly successful wide release.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Hunnam was absolutely terrible in that movie, but the entire movie was terrible so not surprising.  

I think I hated the first movie more than any movie in the last 10 years that was a supposedly successful wide release.  

:sadben: 

Pacific Rim is wonderful. I will hear no arguments against it :ph34r:

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

:sadben: 

Pacific Rim is wonderful. I will hear no arguments against it :ph34r:

If I have to see one more modern fighter jet fly within 100' of a monster only to get swatted down or monsters and robots fighting in the middle of a 2 mile deep ocean but somehow standing as if there is only 25' of water I am going to punch someone.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

If I have to see one more modern fighter jet fly within 100' of a monster only to get swatted down or monsters and robots fighting in the middle of a 2 mile deep ocean but somehow standing as if there is only 25' of water I am going to punch someone.  

Fair enough :rofl: It's certainly really stupid. But the endearing kind of stupid IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I didn't like it very much either (not to that extreme of a degree though!), and I know a few people who give it a pass because it's del Toro or because they like the idea of mecha on the big screen. I just think that its intentions were better than the final result.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Hollywood is deluding themselves if they think he's the next Will Smith. Big Willy is such effortless charisma and charm. This guy is trying way too hard on and off the screen.

Hunnam is reportedly terrific in Lost City of Z and so is the movie. It was shown at some festival so he doesn't need this cash gab. 

lol Boyega was probably one of the better actors in Star Wars his role was crap though. 

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It was standing in the San Francisco Bay shredding the Golden Gate. :lol: