15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade 127 Hours

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I totally got into this film.While probably not Danny Boyle's best film, this is a personal fav of mine. James Franco is, of course, amazing. He manages to carry the film practically on his own and never falters. His monologues into the cameras may have been my favorite bits of the movie. The climax, however painful to watch, is impossible to look away from. And no matter how grisly the end may be, I still felt oddly inspired and upbeat at the end of the picture.I never actually thought I'd root for someone to be able to cut off their own arm, but this movie made me do just that! Bravo!

The film was solid. Great work from Boyle here. To be able to have a film primarily take place in confined space and still keep you captivated and engrossed, shows his talent. Of course, this also had everything to do with Franco's triumphant performance. The last 30 min of the film were inspiring while being almost impossible to watch.

Truly one of, if not the best film of last year. Franco is perfect for this role. His switch from comedy on the tapes to despair was absolutely heartbreaking. I loved the camera work at the beginning and the neat tricks they used.A